SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#432870 - 06/11/17 03:30 PM Bye Bye G70
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Yeah, I have sold my G70 and I have ordered a Casio Privia PX 560.
Looking forward to " getting my teeth" into the 560. I want to play a bit more live keyboards and not totally rely on an arranger to do all the work, it's not good for my playing. The 560 has good drum patterns as well split bass, it also has rhythm patterns that can be edited,it also has great sounds.
Will keep you posted.

Frank

#432877 - 06/11/17 09:50 PM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Mockie]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Mockie
Yeah, I have sold my G70 and I have ordered a Casio Privia PX 560.
Looking forward to " getting my teeth" into the 560. I want to play a bit more live keyboards and not totally rely on an arranger to do all the work, it's not good for my playing. The 560 has good drum patterns as well split bass, it also has rhythm patterns that can be edited,it also has great sounds.
Will keep you posted.

Frank

Both are hard to compare...

The 560 is a stage piano, with added arranger capabilities.. however, it shines mostly as a stage piano

The G70 remains one of the best arrangers ever made.. tough its getting a little dated, i doubt the styles of the 560 are anything like the G70...

But keyboard sounds (paino, ep, organ, strings, synths) of the 560 are very good, as well as the drums...

I hope you enjoy your new Casio... i really like the touch and the keyfeel..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432888 - 06/12/17 07:10 AM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Mockie]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Congrats with new gear, but you'll miss the G70 and regret you sold it.
At least I did, and still do.... smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#432889 - 06/12/17 07:13 AM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

I think Fran is cringing surprised........personally I would have kept the G70 and just added the Privia to see if you enjoy it,... just having both makes sense also. Good luck with it.

#432893 - 06/12/17 08:02 AM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Dnj]
Mockie Offline

The main reason I sold the G70 was because of it's sheer weight.
I do some work in club with a drummer and have to shift/slide the G70 down 2 stairsways and then when the gig is over, when all customers are gone I cut a lonely figure trying to hawk it back up the stairs into my my car.Another reason is, I've gotten older and also common sense has kicked in. Another reason is I've grown tired of playing the same predictable styles and I feel very stale musically.
I know how good the G70 is but it is very outdated and the Privia and the likes are the "new kids on the block" with lots of capabilities,and.. and... it weighs 26 pounds or there abouts. I love to play music, as all my Synthzone colleagues do, I dont have to play for money to have enjoyment. I expect to be be winding down with gigs but intend to play at home and maybe do recording and things.
My 560 is not due for a week or two, looking forward to exploring all the goodies inside.
I'm happy that I made the correct decision on the G70.

Frank

#432894 - 06/12/17 08:14 AM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Mockie]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Mockie
The main reason I sold the G70 was because of it's sheer weight.
I do some work in club with a drummer and have to shift/slide the G70 down 2 stairsways and then when the gig is over, when all customers are gone I cut a lonely figure trying to hawk it back up the stairs into my my car.Another reason is, I've gotten older and also common sense has kicked in. Another reason is I've grown tired of playing the same predictable styles and I feel very stale musically.
I know how good the G70 is but it is very outdated and the Privia and the likes are the "new kids on the block" with lots of capabilities,and.. and... it weighs 26 pounds or there abouts. I love to play music, as all my Synthzone colleagues do, I dont have to play for money to have enjoyment. I expect to be be winding down with gigs but intend to play at home and maybe do recording and things.
My 560 is not due for a week or two, looking forward to exploring all the goodies inside.
I'm happy that I made the correct decision on the G70.

Frank

take a hard look at the Roland EA7....sounds great, lightweight if weight is an issue with G70, and gives you all the Roland arranger goodies your used to great for gigging Fran Loves his ...

Edited by Dnj (06/12/17 08:17 AM)

#432898 - 06/12/17 11:42 AM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Mockie]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Donny I think he's going for the Piano feel of the Privia wit some simple backing. More real playing less arranger. The EA7 has those small keys. I don't know what roland was thinking with that. How much more cojuld it cost to put in real full size keys, even if their not weighted ?

#432899 - 06/12/17 12:33 PM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Donny I think he's going for the Piano feel of the Privia wit some simple backing. More real playing less arranger. The EA7 has those small keys. I don't know what roland was thinking with that. How much more cojuld it cost to put in real full size keys, even if their not weighted ?

who knows what they are thinking Bill?....some people prefer not having heavy style keys I'm one of them,....just a players preference, Ive only played the EA7 once for short time maybe But Fran could chime in and give details?.....
god speed to whatever his musical endeavors are just create and enjoy.... keys

have a wonderful day ....

Edited by Dnj (06/12/17 12:35 PM)

#432905 - 06/12/17 04:22 PM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Mockie Offline

"More real playing less arranger"

Bill

You got it in one.

Having played live with a midi file 15 years ago on a gig., I felt in my soul, heart,whatever, that I was committing some kind of crime. It just didn't feel right. It's almost the same feeling playing an arranger.I embraced the arranger for commercial reasons mainly..MONEY, I've missed playing with live musicians a awful lot. Yes I intend to play oneman gigs with Privia but I hope to play with real musicians if get the chance, using split keyboard with LH bass.
We'll see how things work out.
Frank

#432907 - 06/12/17 05:19 PM Re: Bye Bye G70 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis

Bill, folks are exaggerating the key size on the EA7..
They are 3/8 " shorter than your BK9...
In fact you owned A VR09... same keybed..
All the lower line Roland boards are using this bed..
Juno/s DS. even fa06..All the controllers too

The EA7 is very playable... I rather play it than the Korg PA300/600 or Casio light touch models ... even Yamaha psr line..

No they are not my cup of tea, but get a bad rap from folks that never played one..

Frank I also agree...you are going to miss the G70 bigtime... I know you have the BK7m.. My bet ...you will use the BK more..

The Casio 560m has a nice touch screen, features , a nice keyfeel and a decent piano sound.. As for splits and layers and LH bass.. the G70 is among the best... Perfect for playing in bands..
Most of the time I play mine with LH bass , piano and color sound.... with just drums..NO ARRANGER..

I think you will find the short comings on the Casio...sounds are inconsistent.. The G70 has 4 intros, 4 endings, 4 variation and six fills.....Not on the Casio..

Not a bad decision going for the Casio 560m but should have held on to the G70......for comparison.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online