SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#432319 - 05/26/17 08:05 AM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: rolandfan]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The harmonizer in the PA900 is excellent, but the one in the PA4X has more voices, more presets and is more adjustable. It has the automatic processing that "does everything for you", and includes enhancement, gate, limiter, and e.q. Works great!
I was told the PA4X has an all-new sound engine and the sounds are much better to my ears than any of the previous models. The new grand piano is amazing. It also has a very large, adjustable screen, even on the 61-note model.
They also changed the operating system quite a bit. It no longer uses Performances and everything is based on the Songbook.
It has a slot for a mini-card to increase user storage if you need it. I haven't found a need for it, but if you use a lot of external voices it would be useful.
Also, the PA4X is the first Korg that allows direct access to styles on a USB device.
It also has an improved Chord Sequencer that now allows saving a chord sequence to each Songbook entry.
In addition it has a vastly improved menu for assigning whatever you want to the two rows of programmable sliders.
It has an improved media player that will play midi, MP3, Karaoke, etc. On either of the two sequence players.
It has midi to style converter that will automatically convert midi files to styles. It works great on some files, not-so-great on others. It depends on the quality and structure of the original midi file. I have found it very useful.
There are a number of other improvements that I'm not remembering, but the point is that the 4X is a major upgrade from all previous models.

#432320 - 05/26/17 08:17 AM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
The harmonizer in the PA900 is excellent, but the one in the PA4X has more voices, more presets and is more adjustable. It has the automatic processing that "does everything for you", and includes enhancement, gate, limiter, and e.q. Works great!
I was told the PA4X has an all-new sound engine and the sounds are much better to my ears than any of the previous models. The new grand piano is amazing. It also has a very large, adjustable screen, even on the 61-note model.
They also changed the operating system quite a bit. It no longer uses Performances and everything is based on the Songbook.
It has a slot for a mini-card to increase user storage if you need it. I haven't found a need for it, but if you use a lot of external voices it would be useful.
Also, the PA4X is the first Korg that allows direct access to styles on a USB device.
It also has an improved Chord Sequencer that now allows saving a chord sequence to each Songbook entry.
In addition it has a vastly improved menu for assigning whatever you want to the two rows of programmable sliders.
It has an improved media player that will play midi, MP3, Karaoke, etc. On either of the two sequence players.
It has midi to style converter that will automatically convert midi files to styles. It works great on some files, not-so-great on others. It depends on the quality and structure of the original midi file. I have found it very useful.
There are a number of other improvements that I'm not remembering, but the point is that the 4X is a major upgrade from all previous models.

DITTO Don,....and don't forget the Pa4x keybed and feel is miles above the Pa900 as it should be for the price,....Pa4x is a killer arranger KB for the pro gigging keyboard/singer power single player and beyond,.... I miss mine,(sigh)

......and possibly in my sights to get another if in the next few months nothing excites me on the market we'll see..

#432326 - 05/26/17 09:58 AM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM

There probably is more differences, like the drum editor.. which makes it so easy to quickly edit the drums on a converted style... and probably some more, but i dont really know the pa900..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432341 - 05/26/17 07:09 PM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: rolandfan]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I don't understand how Tom Lang got the demo gig with TC Helicon. I understand he may be part of the development team, but man - he's a terrible singer, and doesn't do the product justice in demos.

#432484 - 05/29/17 10:08 AM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: Uncle Dave]
KORG80 Offline

Agreed!!!

#432518 - 05/30/17 05:06 PM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: rolandfan]
Uncle Dave Offline

I should call them.
smile

#432525 - 05/30/17 07:02 PM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
You should,UD ... teach them how to REALLY use the VH too ...

#432526 - 05/30/17 07:22 PM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: rolandfan]
Uncle Dave Offline

smile

#432528 - 05/30/17 08:40 PM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: rolandfan]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I have often thought the same thing. How did Tom get this singing gig for TC.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#432529 - 05/30/17 08:47 PM Re: Korg PA900 successor [Re: shueymusic]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Can you say part owner.. smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online