SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#432100 - 05/22/17 11:26 AM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Beakybird]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
The MicroArranger was IMO a missed opportunity. Placing the failure-prone bender to the left of the keys instead of above them makes it nearly as wide as a small 61-key keyboard with "full-size" keys such as Korg's own Kross.

The most portable arranger I can conceive of is a 32-key controller for the right hand (F1 to C3, probably 7/8 size keys) and a similar two-octave keyboard for the left hand, arranged "organ style." A foot switch or MIDI foot controller could take care of voice and program changes. You could almost play this while sitting in a coach-sized airline seat!

The keyboard controllers would drive a BK-7m or SD40 module, perhaps vArranger on a laptop, etc. The whole thing would have to run from some kind of battery pack, with voltages tailored to the various hardwares. Build it and I'll buy one!

#432115 - 05/22/17 03:07 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Dnj]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Larry sounds like fun good luck with your new kb....keep us posted enjoy!

Thanks! Frank gave me a great deal. No need to haggle. It looks like with an iphone/Ipad, you can open up this little keyboard to some Motif functionality.

I'll let you guys know this summer if they let me on the plane with it.

#432129 - 05/22/17 07:35 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Beakybird]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Maybe they will let you entertain the passengers while you are sitting on the tarmac for a couple of hours ... grin

#432155 - 05/23/17 07:40 AM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Beakybird]
zuki Offline

Enjoy the MX BLUE - what a great, inexpensive board!

I wish I didn't have some many new songs to complete on an ongoing basis. Every time I get a board like this, it takes me away from what I should be doing....so ONE board for me.

Great choice!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#432171 - 05/23/17 03:27 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: TedS]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By TedS
SNIP
The most portable arranger I can conceive of is a 32-key controller for the right hand (F1 to C3, probably 7/8 size keys) and a similar two-octave keyboard for the left hand, arranged "organ style." A foot switch or MIDI foot controller could take care of voice and program changes. You could almost play this while sitting in a coach-sized airline seat!

The keyboard controllers would drive a BK-7m or SD40 module, perhaps vArranger on a laptop, etc. The whole thing would have to run from some kind of battery pack, with voltages tailored to the various hardwares. Build it and I'll buy one!
I agree to your idea of the most portable arranger. I use Korg Microkey Air, vArranger on a touchscreen, and a wireless USB foot controller the Pok by Xtempo.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#432221 - 05/24/17 11:35 AM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Torch]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Any videos of your setup, Torch? Also does vArranger run on iPad / iOS or a Windows tablet? Would definitely like to build something like this for occasional use.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online