SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#431987 - 05/20/17 03:47 PM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I agree about mixing it up, but using the Nord or Hammond along with tracks from your lap top you'd have to give up styles all together unless you want add a module or V Arranger. . The Roland would give you the best of both worlds.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#431992 - 05/20/17 06:35 PM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Don't forget about the Roland's Jump Mark feature which I use with SMFs . Mark 4 places in an arrangement where you might want to jump back to to keep the song going. Very useful to keep the dancers happy.
BK-9 has so much going for it for live preformamce. One Touch setups,give you 4 setups for every Style. Enough for a lot of variation of Styles. Took me awhile,to get a handle on them but one button changes are great while your busy singing.
Takes time to program but to me worth it and Covers all I need at this point

#431993 - 05/20/17 06:41 PM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Bill I remember using markers on my G1000 and G70....great useful features for live performance..

#431998 - 05/20/17 11:58 PM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I still dont get how we got from SK1 and Nord to Roland BK-9, they are totally different instruments..
A and B are performance keyboards
C is an arranger..(which is missing multipads and VH)

I will say it again, if you want a performance keyboard, stagepiano, workstation with Arranger functionallity, there is 2 options
i) a Ketron Module (or even a BK7) ii) V-arranger.

The BK9, just doesnt have the direct access the Nord and the SK1 (and the VR-9) have..

If you want a perfect all in one performance setup... How about the nord stage 3 (73 key organ version) with the SD40?... The SD40 is so small, you will not even notice the extra weight... and with the SD40 having VH and Microphone input, you will not need any extra VH or mixers.. just route the SD40 sound trough the Nord stage.. And the Nord stage compact is only 10 kg..

Edited by Bachus (05/21/17 12:08 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432002 - 05/21/17 04:47 AM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Bill I remember using markers on my G1000 and G70....great useful features for live performance..

No markers on G1000...it had a A-B mark for practice.. Not the mark and jump found on the G70.

#432003 - 05/21/17 04:55 AM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus
I still dont get how we got from SK1 and Nord to Roland BK-9, they are totally different instruments..
A and B are performance keyboards
C is an arranger..(which is missing multipads and VH)

I will say it again, if you want a performance keyboard, stagepiano, workstation with Arranger functionallity, there is 2 options
i) a Ketron Module (or even a BK7) ii) V-arranger.

The BK9, just doesnt have the direct access the Nord and the SK1 (and the VR-9) have..

If you want a perfect all in one performance setup... How about the nord stage 3 (73 key organ version) with the SD40?... The SD40 is so small, you will not even notice the extra weight... and with the SD40 having VH and Microphone input, you will not need any extra VH or mixers.. just route the SD40 sound trough the Nord stage.. And the Nord stage compact is only 10 kg..

I believe the BK9 has direct access, with dedicated buttons for Piano and drawbar organ....and competes well with anyone..

BK9 would be my choice over all of the above...PS: never played one yet... Pads and vocal harmonizer are not important to me.. and they are missing from the Nord (over priced) and SK (limited) too..

#432005 - 05/21/17 05:29 AM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj

No markers on G1000...it had a A-B mark for practice.. Not the mark and jump found on the G70.

Well Fran I knew one of them had the markers it was a long time ago lol...maybe I was also thinking of my Roland Discover 5 keyboard also...? at any rate markes are a good thing for live play.

https://www.roland.com/us/products/discover_5/

#432079 - 05/22/17 07:46 AM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: Dnj]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I use the Hammond SK-1 and the Nord Electro 5 for my band gigs. I play in a blues band and the authentic Hammond B-3 sound is essential for live gigs. I also like the electric piano and clavinet sounds found on these two models. Wurli is very authentic on both the SK-1 and Nord Electro 5.

When playing a solo gig, I like the full band sound I get from the BK-9 with all it's acc patterns. I turn the auto arranger on and jam with the styles. I also find the BK-9 to be a great practice tool to experiment with improvising solos and coming up with interesting chord sequences.

I haven't really had to choose one keyboard for my desert island experience but I think the BK-9 would be my choice for my one and only keyboard. It has all the sounds and sounds great.

#432084 - 05/22/17 09:43 AM Re: Hammond SK1 or Nord Electro 5 with backing tracks [Re: salsaman]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have used the SK-1 on every gig but guitar only ones since the day it first came in. It is part nostalgia for an old B-3/M player. I use it for left handed bass and for the draw bars, on top of the SD-5, for arranger type gigs (25%, lately) and over a N0rd Stage piano with a Roland 201 synth on my right hand for group gigs. Don sold me an old Midjay, and I'm thinking of using an 88 key piano and that, with the SK-1 on top and to 201 plus something else stacked at 90 degrees for my right hand.

Love the SK-i and everything Nord makes....best of all worlds!

Been overseas for a week, first Zone response in that time.

HEY FOLKS!

R.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online