SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#431859 - 05/18/17 02:21 PM To edit or not to edit...that is the question
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Like many others here, my arranger journey has involved a lot of different arrangers.

Currently I'm gigging with a PA 4X but miss some great styles that my Tyros 4 had...primarily in the country and country bluegrass genre. I bought the Tyros Country musician pack. It was great...big part of my show.

My wife and I gigged with our PA 4X last night. Super styles and voices...not to mention the best controls for live play and Songbook. But styles and voices were not much that was like the original recordings...my Yamaha arrangers replicated those nicely.

Now, I've heard I can make my 4X sound much like the parts of my Tyros I miss using PA 4X editing tools.

Here's the thing, even though I think I can edit my 4X(been working with computers for years), I don't know if I want to spend the time. I'd rather spend my time learning new music.

If I could add Yamaha's Country Musician, or something like it, to my PA 4X.

And then there's Ketron...but that's another story.

smile

#431874 - 05/18/17 06:09 PM Re: To edit or not to edit...that is the question [Re: guitpic1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Why not use the midi to style convertor - wouldn't that replicate the style of the song?
The Pa4x has this feature does it not?

#431878 - 05/18/17 09:00 PM Re: To edit or not to edit...that is the question [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Why not use the midi to style convertor - wouldn't that replicate the style of the song?
The Pa4x has this feature does it not?

Just record the psr s970 styles as a midi file in a daw...
then import that into the pa4x
Its quite a bit of work
But will work... unless the yamaha styles uses mega voices
In which case you need to replace those tracks with different tracks...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431879 - 05/18/17 10:23 PM Re: To edit or not to edit...that is the question [Re: guitpic1]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Why not just learn to programme your styles ? It's a skill well worth acquiring and once learned will serve you well for life . Also programming styles is a feature your arranger was designed for yet hardly anyone does . It's like having a 7 gear sports car and never getting out of 3rd gear and buying a new sports car every couple of years because you want to drive faster ......

#431911 - 05/19/17 02:44 PM Re: To edit or not to edit...that is the question [Re: spalding1968]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By spalding1968
Why not just learn to programme your styles ? It's a skill well worth acquiring and once learned will serve you well for life . Also programming styles is a feature your arranger was designed for yet hardly anyone does . It's like having a 7 gear sports car and never getting out of 3rd gear and buying a new sports car every couple of years because you want to drive faster ......

Good point.

Apparently my 4X is capable of about anything editing wise. Guess I should learn.

#431933 - 05/19/17 07:47 PM Re: To edit or not to edit...that is the question [Re: guitpic1]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By spalding1968

Good point.

Apparently my 4X is capable of about anything editing wise. Guess I should learn.

Not a bad idea, but I'd rather learn new tunes than spend lots of time editing or creating styles.

What I did.........I could not find a Korg style I liked for "My Way. " With that said I recorded a backing track using the Epic Ballad style on my former Tyros5 i.e. recorded it as a WAV file then converted to an MP3. Now I've got the MP3 loaded on the Pa4x and use the MP3 when I perform "My Way." Great for doing a few tunes you may want to do something similar for those styles you miss from the T5 but since you don't have a T5 anymore why not use the S970 to do the recordings? Maybe not a pefect solution but it's a work around.

#431949 - 05/20/17 05:06 AM Re: To edit or not to edit...that is the question [Re: Stephenm52]
guitpic1 Offline

Good point Steve.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online