SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#431904 - 05/19/17 12:06 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... A number of years ago I was booked to play a wedding in North Carolina ... The people who hired me said I just needed to bring myself, but I convinced them I needed MY kb and mic ... They paid for the oversized luggage (kb) ... We spoke in advance about what I would need for a PA, kb stand etc. and everything I needed was set up when I got to the venue ...
Sometimes good things happen ...

#431905 - 05/19/17 12:17 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Gary ... A number of years ago I was booked to play a wedding in North Carolina ... The people who hired me said I just needed to bring myself, but I convinced them I needed MY kb and mic ... They paid for the oversized luggage (kb) ... We spoke in advance about what I would need for a PA, kb stand etc. and everything I needed was set up when I got to the venue ...
Sometimes good things happen ...

Tony I agree and have done many a gig away from home with no problems gear wise as long as you make the proper calls and arrangements with the venue, client, music store, etc,....

#431906 - 05/19/17 01:09 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Beakybird]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Weddings are an entirely different deal, as everyone well knows. Newly weds really don't care what it costs for the wedding and reception - mom and dad are footing the bill! wink I was talking about nite club and restaurant gigs, which pay the same as they did 50 years ago. I know what rental PA systems cost, at least where I live - more than the restaurant and bar jobs pay.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#431907 - 05/19/17 01:33 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Beakybird]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Beakybird,
I too have owned and gigged with the Korg Microarranger. It is a real killer of an arranger. If you prefer a full arranger I would look at the Microarranger.

Deane

#431908 - 05/19/17 02:09 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
Beakybird,
I too have owned and gigged with the Korg Microarranger. It is a real killer of an arranger. If you prefer a full arranger I would look at the Microarranger.

Deane

Dean I agree it does pack a punch for a little guy very useful kb.

here's a old pic I found and a demo I recorded right out of the box with the KORG Micro arranger KB to show some of its style & sound power..

https://app.box.com/s/5pohm1babw6ptoffau0ybhzn4f0ntecl

Attachments
micro arranger.jpg

Edited by Dnj (05/19/17 02:27 PM)

#431913 - 05/19/17 02:48 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
That sounds pretty good to me ROOTB ...

#431915 - 05/19/17 03:09 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
That sounds pretty good to me ROOTB ...

Thanx Tony....all I did was hit a style pick some sounds and play I think I had the kb 10 minutes...and took it on a gig the next day also.
Its very capable for sure.

Edited by Dnj (05/19/17 03:09 PM)

#431921 - 05/19/17 03:58 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

The Korg Micro Arranger looks like an ideal arranger for traveling. If I were working in Manhattan, I could see myself zipping through the subways with the Korg + the Aiwa Exos 9 I had mentioned + a headset mic. You could do a lot of small - medium venues.

For my needs, however, I wanted full size keys to practice on, and not necessarily an arranger.

I noticed that M-Audio also makes a $99 49 key controller that gets very good reviews.

I think I'm leaning towards the Roland Go Piano, however, because it's the same length as a lot of these 49 key keyboards it having very thin side panels without a modulation and pitch bend wheel.

And it's nice to have something that runs on batteries (even though they do make $100 lithium a/c power packs). I like the idea of being able to play the keyboard with headphones while I'm stuck at the airport.

49 keys seems really shrimpy.

#431923 - 05/19/17 04:21 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Beakybird
The Korg Micro Arranger looks like an ideal arranger for traveling. If I were working in Manhattan, I could see myself zipping through the subways with the Korg + the Aiwa Exos 9 I had mentioned + a headset mic. You could do a lot of small - medium venues.

For my needs, however, I wanted full size keys to practice on, and not necessarily an arranger.

I noticed that M-Audio also makes a $99 49 key controller that gets very good reviews.

I think I'm leaning towards the Roland Go Piano, however, because it's the same length as a lot of these 49 key keyboards it having very thin side panels without a modulation and pitch bend wheel.

And it's nice to have something that runs on batteries (even though they do make $100 lithium a/c power packs). I like the idea of being able to play the keyboard with headphones while I'm stuck at the airport.

49 keys seems really shrimpy.

Larry now here's an idea for you..... keys

#431924 - 05/19/17 04:23 PM Re: Yamaha MX49 or Roland Go Piano for travel [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (05/19/17 04:27 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online