SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#431218 - 05/01/17 12:53 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Bachus, keep in mind that you are a very talented and rare individual, a one in a million kind of person. consequently, because of your wonderful abilities and their rarity among arranger keyboard players, it would be very unlikely that any manufacturer would design an arranger/workstation around your needs. Consequently, in situations such as yours, you will likely have to go the software route and either design your own programs, or find someone who has already designed this type of software to fit your technological constraints. Like most retail products, arranger keyboards are pretty much designed for the masses - not individuals. That's what keeps them in business, just like any other product being sold to a general market.

Good luck,

Gary cool

/sarcasme off

Edited by Bachus (05/01/17 01:08 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431225 - 05/01/17 01:47 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bachus, believe me, I was not being sarcastic. I sincerely believe you are very talented and technologically proficient in the world of music.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (05/01/17 01:48 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#431238 - 05/02/17 06:53 AM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Bachus, believe me, I was not being sarcastic. I sincerely believe you are very talented and technologically proficient in the world of music.

Gary cool

Then i will take that as a compliment... and yes i wish i was as confident in my musical skills as in my technical skills.... but then music is about having joy with what you do... and i love every minute of my musical journey...

And yes i realise that my perfect setup will be a multiple part one... 88 key worlstation, arranger module, laptop... currently playing to long on the arranger in the uppar postions gets me fatigued to fast...

But in the end Garry, its all about enjoying yourself... and others with the music you make...

#431246 - 05/02/17 09:41 AM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: DonM]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Yes KETRON does have DYNAMIC Arranger features listed above ... since SD5, Audya and now SD7/SD9Pro.

Thanks.

AJ

#431247 - 05/02/17 09:52 AM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Yes KETRON does have DYNAMIC Arranger features listed above ... since SD5, Audya and now SD7/SD9Pro.

Thanks.

AJ

Edited by Dnj (05/02/17 09:56 AM)

#431251 - 05/02/17 12:55 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

In the end arrangers are about playing music with a backing...

You can use :
- sequencers/audio players
- arranger styles/multipads
- arpegiators
To create a backing

Espescially in the sequencer department, most arrangers are still quite basic...
Its enough for straight replaying
But its not the musical tool, more advanced sequencers offers.

Also advanced arpeggiators, could add a lot more depth..

I made an overview of most options available in hard and sotware overhere.

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/294/backings?page=1&scrollTo=464

#431252 - 05/02/17 01:03 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ

Thanks.

AJ

I would love to believe you...

However i have yet to see proof of these dynamics...
I dont think they are of the magnitude people are expecting to see..

Could you link us, or create us an example of these dynamics?

#431253 - 05/02/17 01:04 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

You can use :
- arpegiators
To create a backing

Espescially in the sequencer department, most arrangers are still quite basic...

The problem, who is going to teach the masses to use any of these detailed sequencer features if at all mentioned? ....that's where the problem lies, and the fact that there is just too many choices and options to create music in other ways, besides repetitive style based,....that's why advanced NEW conventional arrangers are slowing down to a crawl..I wish it wasn't so but it is..we probably wont be around when kids say
"hey remember those things back in the day called arranger keyboards?"

Edited by Dnj (05/02/17 01:09 PM)

#431256 - 05/02/17 01:27 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Bachus

You can use :
- arpegiators
To create a backing

The problem who is going to teach the masses to use any of these detailed sequencer features if at all mentioned?,....that's where the problem lies, and the fact that there is just too many choices and options to create music in other ways, besides repetitive style based,....that why advanced NEW arrangers are slowing down to a crawl..

True...

Thats why i am asking to port the arranger features to a workstation.... i do understand, they are way to much for the average arranger user...

Another option is to add many of these features trough an easy understandable ipad app, if yamaha created such an ipad app, they could use the psr/tyros series sequencer for new things.. you could have for example 8 more multipads and 8 arpeggio's using the sounds of an empty song in the sequencer..

Its not the feature that makes things hard to understand, its the implementation...
But everyone could understand an ipad app, with 16 major pads, which could be used to switch more multipads, arpeggio's for left and right hand or even extra sounds for R1 on... as long as you are not playing a song along the style... you would have extra options... you could use simple colors to identify what content is behind a button/pad on the ipad app...
not that people would allways use these "extra" ipad features they would be very situational.. now what i asumed are only some simple features... you could also abuse the sheer processor power of an ipad to do more advanced and dynamic things...like real time cc changes based on calculations and a mathemeicall model of a bass or guitar player making the bass much much more dynamic based on your playing style..

What i am saying, advanced results do not require higher mathematics and understanding of a 23th century interface... its one of the things yamaha is king at, taking high tech features and making them accesible to normal musicians..

#431306 - 05/03/17 06:07 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger Keyboard?

what do you think would bring us closer to the perfect arranger kb in some way, or is it too late?

Thoughts?

Donny needs a new hobby, now that he's not playing out as much! Thoughts?
... painting, pottery, knitting, basket weaving, power walking ... smile

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online