SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#431188 - 04/30/17 01:54 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
...shouldn't they improve the way styles can be created, edited, altered, mixed & matched, in an easier understandable way to improve what methods are UNDERUSED by so many

Donny, there are many players (probably the majority) who are TOTALLY not interested in those things and never will be, no matter how easy you make it. There are simply two kinds of players; those who want to get down to the nitty gritty and those that want to stay as far away from the nitty gritty as possible. You can't change human nature. Some folks value the journey, others just want to get there (as quickly and as easily as possible).

chas

#431189 - 04/30/17 02:03 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Back in the early '90s my technics kn1000 had a 'dynamic arrangement' button that changed the arrangement based on the velocity of the playing ... I don't know why they had to eliminate ​that ...

I guess its another known Tony same as why Technics is gone now also?

#431190 - 04/30/17 02:05 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Dnj
...shouldn't they improve the way styles can be created, edited, altered, mixed & matched, in an easier understandable way to improve what methods are UNDERUSED by so many

Donny, there are many players (probably the majority) who are TOTALLY not interested in those things and never will be, no matter how easy you make it. There are simply two kinds of players; those who want to get down to the nitty gritty and those that want to stay as far away from the nitty gritty as possible. You can't change human nature. Some folks value the journey, others just want to get there (as quickly and as easily as possible).

chas

Maybe you cant change human nature BUT humans can be taught new things after all we are very intelligent species you just have to be shown how, instructional videos especially on your tube should be the norm for any and all features of a product ...just watch and learn.

#431191 - 04/30/17 03:36 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
As far as I remember, KN3000 had the DynamicAccomp too, but sadly with KN5000 it was gone.
Great feature that added a more variation and live feeling to the performances just by different press by the left hand chords/keys.
Smoother than the fillins, and several variations for each time used and related of how hard keys been pressed.
Almost as a "live band". smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#431192 - 04/30/17 06:10 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think Ketron has something similar.

#431194 - 04/30/17 07:14 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You guys just own the wrong keyboard smile

I already own the perfect keyboard, that needs no improvements for me..

Sounds, outputs, routing effects, mic and harmonizer, expansion board , key feel and range, touchscreen and buttons, sliders..
drawbar organ, pedal options, sequencer, and many menu features like singer key selector for SMF play, and dynamic arranger control..

I am serious, there is not a single thing that I want improved..(yes it is the G70)..

Now my EA7 is another story.. I would like the keybed from the G70...and the touch screen from the G70..and the harmonizer from the G70...and the drawbar organ from the G70 grin

The combination of the G70 and EA7, leaves nothing to be desired..

Like I said ..I already own the best wink

Want I want most of all is a keyboard that will let me play the way I want...and the G70 does that...it is a players keyboard. rocker

#431196 - 04/30/17 08:14 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Fran Carango]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I love arranger keyboards –Fact!

You cannot change what is happening. Movies have changed – TV has changed – They not only use four letter words on TV you can hit Captions and they spell it for you.

We will always have some form of an Arranger keyboard, but it had its day, it is leaving.

Opinion, John C.

#431197 - 04/30/17 08:22 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
You guys just own the wrong keyboard smile

I already own the perfect keyboard, that needs no improvements for me..

Sounds, outputs, routing effects, mic and harmonizer, expansion board , key feel and range, touchscreen and buttons, sliders..
drawbar organ, pedal options, sequencer, and many menu features like singer key selector for SMF play, and dynamic arranger control..

I am serious, there is not a single thing that I want improved..(yes it is the G70)..

Now my EA7 is another story.. I would like the keybed from the G70...and the touch screen from the G70..and the harmonizer from the G70...and the drawbar organ from the G70 grin

The combination of the G70 and EA7, leaves nothing to be desired..

Like I said ..I already own the best wink

Want I want most of all is a keyboard that will let me play the way I want...and the G70 does that...it is a players keyboard. rocker

Too heavy 10 years ago; still too heavy! smile
PA4X has everything I need and much more. And I can still lift it!

#431201 - 04/30/17 11:27 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
so in the vein of NOT drifting off the original topic, what would be some of your reasonable improvements for arranger keyboards that we don't have now and WHY?

First of, i am quite happy with where styles and multipads currently are .. However, i think arranger capabillities are only one of the features i want to see in the totl workstation.. but the actuall quallity of the styles in the high end keyboards is very good..

To make acompaniments more dynamic, i think you need to use tools like karma or the high end montage arps.. they are much much more dynamic in nature then the static style acompaniments.. its good to see that yamaha has realised so and added some to the psr-s series. But thats only a small beginning... in the end, i would want the full set of montage arps and other tools in my arranger.. in the end, it would be better to have styles in the montage then to add a montage to the arranger..as probably its not something many arranger players would use...

Then there is the form of the arranger styles... 4 var's, 4 fills, intro ending... when you look at the upcomming Ketron SD9 pro there is a feature that allows you to create a much more flexible arrangement backing by freely combining multipads and style parts.. it might take some getting used to.. but in creating your own performances, this is a tool of the future, much more flexible then standard styles... and yet the styles for easy access and playing along are still there..

Another feature, that could need some attention is the style creation, the Ketron instruments shine where it comes to this, they have the best interface that lets you combine different style parts easilly into new styles... it can be done on the pa4x and even the tyros, but the interface on the ketrons is much more suited for easy access...

And then there is the sound engine of the arrangers... only Korg works really well for me, as it has the most onboard freedom for edditing... but in the end i would love to see more features in all of them for real time edditing sounds and effects... encoders for filter cutoff, easy access to envelopes.. and lfo's .. in my view, having 8 sounds instead of 3 or 4 and being able to acces them trough the sliders and freely assigning them to the keybed would be a step forward..

But then, its obvious, i want to take arranger styles and multipads into workstation land... workstations are different... because the most important feature of arrangers is easy access, sit and play, ... but is it wrong to have an easy access upper layer, but have incredible depth underneeth?

Personally i am quite happy with current days style quallity ajd sound quallity of the top arrangers..... but not so much with the tolls to access that potential..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431215 - 05/01/17 10:53 AM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bachus, keep in mind that you are a very talented and rare individual, a one in a million kind of person. consequently, because of your wonderful abilities and their rarity among arranger keyboard players, it would be very unlikely that any manufacturer would design an arranger/workstation around your needs. Consequently, in situations such as yours, you will likely have to go the software route and either design your own programs, or find someone who has already designed this type of software to fit your technological constraints. Like most retail products, arranger keyboards are pretty much designed for the masses - not individuals. That's what keeps them in business, just like any other product being sold to a general market.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online