Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#431117 - 04/27/17 04:31 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

lets just survey pa4x vs T5

#431118 - 04/27/17 04:46 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Try 'em both for a week, then decide which you like better. No wrong choice.

#431120 - 04/27/17 05:48 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: DonM]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By DonM

Words of Wisdom from the "Southern Gentleman".....

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#431121 - 04/27/17 06:22 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Keep in mind that Pro keyboards only make up a minuscule fraction of arranger keyboard sales and if the manufacturers had to survive on what we, as performer/entertainers consume they would have gone out of business a long time ago. Several years ago there was an entire thread about this and if I recall correctly, pro musicians only purchased about 1/10th of 1 percent of all the arranger keyboards worldwide and less than 10 percent of the synths. All the rest were procured by home players - just like organs. smile Essentially, sports fans, we're pretty much like a speck of fly poop in a mountain of pepper. wink

Bill, I have played the S-970 and loved it, and got to play the T-5 here during the last Synthzone Jam. But, I also loved every other keyboard I've owned during the past 30 years - I loved em all! I loved the TOTL and MOTL keyboards alike. Loved those with onboard sound systems and those without. I guess I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to arranger keyboards.

Chas, I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to cars, too. To me, they're just something to transport me from point A to point B reliably. I really don't care what they look like as much as I care about the reliability. That's why I still drive a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan with 155,000 miles on it and still going strong after 10 plus years. It does exactly what I want it to do - just like ALL the arranger keyboards I've owned over the past 3 decades. Hell, I even have the same wife after 54 years, though I think she's having second thoughts since my health went to Hell. Damned pills do some nasty things to ya!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#431122 - 04/27/17 06:28 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, just a poor attempt at a joke - meaning lower sales don't necessarily translate into an inferior product. BTW, hope you're feeling a little better these days and yes, you're probably right about your wife; she probably should trade you in for a new model smile.

chas

#431123 - 04/27/17 06:57 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Chas. The young ladies at the pulmonary rehab center think I'm doing great, and I guess I am compared to some of the other patients who are there at the same time. I walk in with a blood pressure of 120/65 and a pulse of 60, and my room air O2 saturation is about 96 percent. There is a 45 year old guy there that just started last week who has a blood pressure of 175/90 at rest, and his O2 saturation is about 88 percent on room air - not good.

Today, the ladies put me through the ringer, but all my readings were about the same when I left as they were when I arrived, which they said is fantastic for someone pushing hard on 77 years old with bad lungs and 2 prior heart attacks. These ladies are in their late 20s, with six-pack abs, brick hard bodies and very, very attractive - I'm not looking forward to completing the program next month, but that will give me more time for sailing to distant ports.

My wife said she would have traded me in for a newer model a long time ago, but she never could find one that would do the cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, sewing, lawn and garden work, shovel snow, then go to work and pay the bills. I told her to stop looking - they no longer exist. She got the last one off the production line. wink

Chas, with luck, I hope to sail south October 1st and possibly arrive in Hilton Head Island, SC where I'll be spending a few days in the middle of the month visiting with an old sailing friend who lives there on his wife's houseboat. Maybe you could sneak over and join me for a day or two there. Usually, I bypass Georgia because the ICW segment through GA is in pretty bad shape these days. For me, it's easier to just sail 24 hours straight through to Ferandina Beach, FL then duck back into the ICW again before continuing south.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/27/17 07:02 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#431126 - 04/27/17 10:24 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM

Nope... having owned both for an extensive time.... i dont think any of them is a wrong choice...

Different boards with different charms... as said many yamaha home players will only be confused when moving to Korg...

And while both boards can be used with great succes by both homeplayers as well as professional players on stage.... its obvious to me, that the pa4x is designed much more with performing musicians in mind, while the tyros5 is designed much more with home players in mind...

That is also part of the reason why Korg is so popular on these boards.... most of you are professional players, with professional and gigging needs...

So does that make the tyros 5 any less? No, many features on the Tyros 5 are still unsurpassed. but for a gigging yamaha player, the psr-s970 might even be a better choice then the tyros5.. as most as the extra features of the tyros 5 will barely be used on stage.. and the new features of the psr like live knobs and arpeggiators look to be an asset for playing modern music if needed. .. i think if you can live with the psr keybed, its a wiser choice for stage then a tyros5

This however can not be said from the korg pa4x vs the pa900...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431130 - 04/28/17 05:38 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

The "CABIN ARRANGER FEVER" always happens when nothing gets released for a very long time and people get very bored with the same old gear that's out there yearning for something fresh and new.....plus now there's even less manufacturers in the game also left and technology changing in many ways you just have to settle in, save your money enjoy what you have and just make music for now....until maybe something exciting emerges when ever that is...

#431136 - 04/28/17 06:54 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
The "CABIN ARRANGER FEVER" always happens when nothing gets released for a very long time and people get very bored with the same old gear that's out there yearning for something fresh and new.....plus now there's even less manufacturers in the game also left and technology changing in many ways you just have to settle in, save your money enjoy what you have and just make music for now....until maybe something exciting emerges when ever that is...

Offcourse i do... my physics allow me to play for 2 to 3 hours each day.. (next to my fulltime job) ... the rest of the time, i spend next to my misses on the couch while she crochets and whatches tele, i browse my ipad and post stuff on the forums...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431148 - 04/29/17 04:41 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
As I mentioned before, I work with teenagers in school part time. There's practically zero interest in arrangers and it's hard to generate much interest. If the teens I'm around get interested in keys it's mostly synths and pianos.

Hard for me to imagine that Yamaha's music division loses much sleep over whether or not a new arranger is produced on a regular basis.

smile

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online