SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#431080 - 04/26/17 09:14 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Dnj]
dtrue Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah
I have to say one of my favorite KB's was the PSR 9000 Pro. Sure it didn't have all the newer voices and styles and was a beast to lug around but it played and sounded great! I then moved to the T2 and then the T4. At my age (81) the T4 is the end of the line and still one great KB. Going to be interesting on the progression of KB's by Yamaha in the future.

Dick

#431088 - 04/26/17 12:57 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By abacus
Talking to many dealers in the UK then yes, the PA4x has outsold the T5 by 2 -1, much like the Technics KN7000 did to T1, however the T5 sales have been lacklustre, (Many ditching them and going back to T4 or other manufactures) the bestselling was the T3 which built on the T2 which at the time put all the other arranger manufactures in the shade.
There were some problems and missing features in the T3 which were fixed by the T4, however a lot of folks still stuck with the T3.
If you go into any dealer or festival, you will find most folks are interested in the S970 and a used Tyros. (The T5 gets pretty much side-lined these days, with no firm commitment as to when a replacement will arrive either)
Bill

numbers dont lie.......someone paid for the T5 disaster at Yamaha, they shot themselves in the foot, ....not too mention how many loyalists players switched camp and with good reason never to return...if whenever Yamaha returns it will be a very different direction hold on to your hats!!!

Numbers dont lie... yamaha claims to have sold more Tyros 5 in the UK then any model before that... espescially the 76 key was a huge succes...

This claim is comming from Yamaha demonstrators...

But last year sales started dropping, which offcourse is not unusuall as instruments get older..

Korg pa4x selling better then yamaha? Yes, but only because everyone that wants and can afford a Tyros 5 allready has one..

I allways keep a close eye on the dutch used market.... barely ever there is a tyros 5 for sale... i was at a Pa4x demo earlier this week, most people there where tyros players... and from their comments it was obvious why they where tyros players.... i still believe the typical arranger home player is still best served with a yamaha tyros 5...

I dare state that most people active on these forums are not the typical european Tyros 5 arranger players...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431093 - 04/26/17 01:46 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I doubt I would ever buy a Tyros 5...I would have to get a steal of a deal. And I still have my PSR S970 to play around with.

However, I find this thread really interesting.

#431107 - 04/27/17 10:03 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Hi guys,

Not to hijack the thread, but Bachus, didn't your contact mention anything about a PA900 update too? Or even better, a new keyboard, successor of it, based on Pa4x?

Thanks!

#431108 - 04/27/17 10:31 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: dtrue]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By dtrue
I have to say one of my favorite KB's was the PSR 9000 Pro.

The 9000PRO wasn't a PSR model. It was it's own category. That's probably why I liked it so much!

#431109 - 04/27/17 11:02 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: adimatis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By adimatis
Hi guys,

Not to hijack the thread, but Bachus, didn't your contact mention anything about a PA900 update too? Or even better, a new keyboard, successor of it, based on Pa4x?

Thanks!

No, and to be honest, i didnt ask ...

But i guess since Korg Italy is working their bums off on the pa4x update, there is not much room for developing other instruments...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431110 - 04/27/17 11:28 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By adimatis
Hi guys,

Thanks!

No, and to be honest, i didnt ask ...

But i guess since Korg Italy is working their bums off on the pa4x update, there is not much room for developing other instruments...

I would guess korg doesn't really have to work their buns off with a big winner like the pa4x,.....until Yamaha or anyone else for that matter ever decides to wake up and be a threat of some kind and knock them off the top of the arranger mountain....
this will be a very long wait enjoy what you have.. cool2

#431112 - 04/27/17 02:28 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, according to a survey conducted last summer by Bonner Music, the list is as follows:

Yamaha PSR-S970. ...
Roland E-A7. ...
Korg PA900. ...
Korg PA300.
Korg PA4X. ...

Now, other surveys put the Casio CTK-1500 at the top of the list, so when it comes to actual sales, Korg has a long way to climb in order to even catch up to Yamaha and Casio. And, as diverse as Yamaha is in the world of musical instruments, I really don't think they're even a little bit worried. Granted, Korg makes a great arranger keyboard with some really neat features, but when it comes to overall sales numbers, they are still near the bottom of the list.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#431114 - 04/27/17 02:42 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Granted, Korg makes a great arranger keyboard with some really neat features, but when it comes to overall sales numbers, they are still near the bottom of the list.

Yeah, Rolls and Bently's too smile smile.

chas

#431115 - 04/27/17 03:16 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: travlin'easy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, according to a survey conducted last summer by Bonner Music, the list is as follows:

Yamaha PSR-S970. ...
Roland E-A7. ...
Korg PA900. ...
Korg PA300.
Korg PA4X. ...

Now, other surveys put the Casio CTK-1500 at the top of the list, so when it comes to actual sales, Korg has a long way to climb in order to even catch up to Yamaha and Casio. And, as diverse as Yamaha is in the world of musical instruments, I really don't think they're even a little bit worried. Granted, Korg makes a great arranger keyboard with some really neat features, but when it comes to overall sales numbers, they are still near the bottom of the list.

All the best,

Gary cool

HI Gary

In that list you have posted, the first 4 are either MOTL or Entry level products, the PA4x is the only TOTL Arranger, so it’s hardly surprising its sales are lower. (MOTL and Entry level have always been the bread & butter for manufactures)

If you have ever tried an S970 then you will know why it is the go to MOTL arranger, just like the PA4x is the go to for a TOTL arranger.

In the end, no matter what the sales figures are, you always buy what suits your requirements.

Bill

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online