SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#430915 - 04/19/17 07:49 PM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Arranger keyboard is a tool, and we can use it many different ways.
I most likely use mine in a way that others do not..

The least feature I use
is arranger auto play.
I usually try to eliminate extra parts.
If I use pads, it will be in place of an arranger part I muted...
I hate a cluttered up over busy sound..

I also don't care for one touch selections..I like my band
members to be the same players all night long..

The arranger is far and away the best instrument for me..
Sounds compete with any other keyboard (Nord etc)
My favorite choice is still a G70..

Anything I would do on a work station I can do better on the G70.

Layers , splits, quick instrument changes...G70 is best for me.

Sequencing and editing is easier and faster on my arranger.

Total control, mixer, mic input , effects, harmonizer, all easily
ready to go...many times faster than a workstation.

If you need to put together a tune, arranger out shines any workstation.
And easily saved as midi data for editing..

I can pretty much do without sampling, audio playback etc. I do have the
EA7 if I want these features..

The superior key feel and key range on the G, is as good as it gets..
Drawbar organ covers the bases too.
Extra sounds via expansion board..

Separate outs and effects routing too..

Arranger keyboard...... a tool that is hard to beat....

#430918 - 04/20/17 01:46 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By DonM

Love my Korg PA4X. If they never come out with another arranger, I'm happy with what I have.

+1

Did a two hour gig last night. So impressed with the sound and capabilities of my PA 4X.

#430955 - 04/21/17 04:07 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I have had my Korg pa1x for close to 13 years . It's interesting the way I have changed the way i have used it over the years . I used to use the style element 40 percent of the time (using out the box and custom made styles ) sequencer 30 percent and straight keys 30percent . Never used the sampler and still don't . I did tweak and modify sounds and effects a fair bit to replicate the sounds on the cds or you tube clips of songs I was asked to teach the choir .

Back then I was choir musical director and so at rehearsals ,having an "instant band " always on time , always in sync and flexible enough to accommodate a wide range of music in any key was really a great advantage .

Now many years on I have slowed down my choir work and now only arrange and compose and perform . I use the sequencer 40 percent of the time , and play straight keys ( on my stage piano and Korg arranger ) 40 percent of the time and use styles for quick sketch pad work the remaining 20 percent .

But the amazing by thing is how comprehensive and adaptable the arranger keyboard has been for any and every environment I have found myself in . Whether that is in the studio recording , performing live , or just doodling with musical ideas . The only reason I can see the market dying is that people like me don't buy arrangers very frequently . I certainly hope the market continues . I have benefited from it greatly .

#430960 - 04/21/17 08:15 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: spalding1968]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow, Spalding what a nice positive post. I must admit the 50% of my buying a new keyboard has nothing to do about what I need.
Arranger keyboards have been on the top on my list; they have been my life since 1984. Some of my best times have been when I performed and when spending time with arranger keyboard people.

John C.

#430976 - 04/22/17 02:11 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have been using arrangers for the same about of time. I sometimes think, however, that since I come from an organ background,I feel an arranger has been a blessing and a curse. I still have a lazy left hand and would like to be able to play like UD, to name just one, that runs manual bass lines for example, rather than just comping as I do. I shouldn't blame the keyboard for my lack of perseverance however.

#430991 - 04/22/17 10:48 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Bernie9]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Bernie9
I have been using arrangers for the same about of time. I sometimes think, however, that since I come from an organ background,I feel an arranger has been a blessing and a curse. I still have a lazy left hand and would like to be able to play like UD, to name just one, that runs manual bass lines for example, rather than just comping as I do. I shouldn't blame the keyboard for my lack of perseverance however.

Hi Bernie

Here’s an option for the Yamaha and one here for Korg

Not as convenient or as flexible as an organ, but will suit a lot of users

Bill

#430992 - 04/22/17 10:55 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Arranger keyboards are slowly dying (Just like the organ did in the 90s) however, they will continue and like the organ, will just become a niche market. (Arrangers just don’t have the tools for modern music live, and you only just have to look at how modern bands use keyboards and computers to see why)

Everything has its time

Bill

#430998 - 04/22/17 01:51 PM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
Bernie9 Online   content

Then, I guess we are still viable with our own generation, which is fine with me.

#431005 - 04/22/17 05:56 PM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
124 Offline

Exactly, Bernie. I'm 73 and my audiences are in that 60-90+ age group, so we share a taste for a certain era of music. An era of music that runs a range of genres, a.k.a. variety. The music they like is the music I like, so it's win-win.

Like myself, Bernie, you don't have to consider what's coming along with keyboards in the next 20 or 30 years - we just enjoy the 'now'.

As for the youngsters coming along now, well, they'll sort themselves out, I'm sure, and they too will follow along with their age group right through to their own 60-90+ years. And as long as everyone enjoys whatever it may turn out to be, then it'll be win-win for them also.

#431011 - 04/23/17 02:17 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
Bernie9 Online   content

Very well stated

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online