SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#430611 - 04/10/17 08:35 PM Re: A couple of guys ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just sort of read through that manual. It seems to me it would be easier to just put the text files in the Korg, associate the correct song with the Songbook entry and save all that trouble. I assign text-down to one of the assignable buttons. Only thing I can see that the tablet would add would be larger display and print.
Oh, it just hit me--I guess if you want to display scores that would be a valid reason to use the tablet! Duhh!

#430612 - 04/10/17 08:46 PM Re: A couple of guys ... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
So Tony, what can I trade you for that Rhodes? I've got a nice 2 manual clonewheel with half-moon sw and exp. pedal plus a thousand other things I can throw in smile. Of course, YOU'll have to deliver smile.
chas

Well, chas, the Rhodes may very well be 'on the market', as I don't use it anymore ... but OF COURSE the problem is getting it to where it has to go ... Also, I would have more use for the Rhodes than a 2 manual clone wheel ... grin

#430613 - 04/10/17 08:47 PM Re: A couple of guys ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

BTW ... there's a lot of people up late on this board tonight ... coffee

#430614 - 04/10/17 09:02 PM Re: A couple of guys ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
BTW ... there's a lot of people up late on this board tonight ... coffee

It's still early. Not working every night now, so nothing much to do. No football, no basketball, Masters is over. . . It's raining outside. Tornado warning going on.
Going to bed now though!

#430615 - 04/10/17 09:03 PM Re: A couple of guys ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I just sort of read through that manual. It seems to me it would be easier to just put the text files in the Korg, associate the correct song with the Songbook entry and save all that trouble. I assign text-down to one of the assignable buttons. Only thing I can see that the tablet would add would be larger display and print.
Oh, it just hit me--I guess if you want to display scores that would be a valid reason to use the tablet! Duhh!

Yes, Don ... the ability to read scores and the larger display are a BIG advantage, PLUS, one could have a number of 'Fake' books resident in the tablet for easy access to requests for songs not in the Songbook ...
AND I was able to follow the KORG manual instructions pretty easily - but actually performing the steps might be a different story ... confused1

#430616 - 04/10/17 09:09 PM Re: A couple of guys ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

I have a laptop for thousands of lyrics. Too much trouble to sync it to Songbook. It would take days of setting up SB entries!
I can also read PDFs, play Youtube songs, etc. Want Karaoke? Just got to Youtube and enter the song and karaoke! I use my android phone as a hot spot for the laptop if there is no internet available otherwise.

#430617 - 04/10/17 09:18 PM Re: A couple of guys ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Valid points ...

BTW ... I forgot you are in a different time zone ...
confused2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online