SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#430466 - 04/06/17 06:48 AM Musikmesse 2017 Fail..
Bachus Offline

With almost no relevant keyboard news on Musikmesse, the whole buiseness seems to have come to a halt...

Join the discussion at KEYSZONE

Actually i had high hopes, but am very dissapointed..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#430467 - 04/06/17 07:07 AM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

With almost no relevant keyboard news on Musikmesse, the whole buiseness seems to have come to a halt...

why be very disappointed? enjoy the great arrangers & technology and kbs, etc, that are already out on the market,..you can make amazing things happen musically already..especially if your a home player vs a gigging pro or studio musician. We've come a long way if you think back.

Edited by Dnj (04/06/17 07:28 AM)

#430470 - 04/06/17 08:13 AM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

why be very disappointed? enjoy the great arrangers & technology and kbs, etc, that are already out on the market,..you can make amazing things happen musically already..especially if your a home player vs a gigging pro or studio musician. We've come a long way if you think back.

I know Donny, i am enjoying my setup...

Yet however, i still have iritators, i prefer playing on my lower weighted keybed... however my main arranger controlls are on the top keyboard, which is to hard to reach with my hands on the lower keyboard (and there is only sommuch one can do with pedals) and my best sounds come from my macbook...

Its the same old thing as allways Donny, i am still hoping for a single keyboard with 88 keys that gives me all the sounds , arranger styles, multipads, controll elements, editing features and arpeggiators ....

This is what i have been wanting for about 10 years, and i am sometimes really getting obsessed by this...

I definately know what i want, and thats probably the problem, its not available... becaus e the whole keyboard market is not moving anywhere at all...

#430471 - 04/06/17 08:24 AM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

On top of that, there is the engineer inside of me, that by nature allways wants to improve the things he sees. I cant help it, but my mind is allways thinking about how to improve things...

#430476 - 04/06/17 11:08 AM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

On top of that, there is the engineer inside of me, that by nature allways wants to improve the things he sees. I cant help it, but my mind is allways thinking about how to improve things...

just be patient,....sit back enjoy a glass of Ouzo,...... cool2
probably in a few years everything you have now will be gone and replaced with something else...technology waits for no man.....be sure it will happen eventually.

#430477 - 04/06/17 11:13 AM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: Bachus]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
The other night I became a back up singer. When I sang, people backed up. #lovemysd1

#430482 - 04/06/17 01:35 PM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
i am still hoping for a single keyboard with 88 keys that gives me all the sounds , arranger styles, multipads, controll elements, editing features and arpeggiators ....

Try this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1liUart72g

chas

PS: try to do the entire thing.

#430497 - 04/07/17 01:44 AM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: cgiles]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

[/quote]

Try this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1liUart72g

chas

PS: try to do the entire thing. [/quote]

One of the most enjoyable videos I have seen in years. Mindblowing really and that piano sound is absolutely terrific as well. Thanks for posting Chas.

regards
John

#430498 - 04/07/17 01:53 AM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

just be patient,....sit back enjoy a glass of Ouzo,...... cool2
probably in a few years everything you have now will be gone and replaced with something else...technology waits for no man.....be sure it will happen eventually.

Donny, i will give you an example of how i think (allways more like an engineer then like a musician)

Check this video of a melodium on Musik Messe...

Most people see just a little funny melodium..

But i see an opportunity..

I start thinking,
- what if we midify this melodium and add a breathcontroller...
- add keys with aftertouch to the right hand..
- and then to the left side some buttons to switch articulations..
- and on the left backside a long ribbon controller to be controlled with your left thumb
Then we would have a top knotch instrument for keyboardists on stage to play very creative parts..
Kind of the saxaphone version of the keytar.... but still much more then other windcontrollers a keyboard version because of the black and white keys...

And thats pretty much how my mind works when i see things... allways looking and thinking about making things more usefull...

Maybe that explains why i have so much interest in the gear part, thats just who i am, and thats what i like to discuss...

(On top of that i try and make music for atleast 2 hours a day, from which one hour is reserved for my piano lessons)

#430502 - 04/07/17 03:34 AM Re: Musikmesse 2017 Fail.. [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
"(On top of that I try and make music for atleast 2 hours a day, from which one hour is reserved for my piano lessons)"Quote from Bachus

What piano lessons would you suggest for an older ex-organist and pretty fair keyboardist. I would prefer a self taught method rather than live instruction. Left hand work is needed. I read bass clef, but slowly.

Bernie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online