SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#429911 - 03/15/17 06:11 PM Re: So You Always wanted to Play on a Cruise ship?... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, the pay scales I quoted were current - and came from a simple google search of jobs aboard cruise ships. The $2,400 per month rate works out to $600 per week, which is exactly what Joe told me he was making 20 years ago. Keep in mind that historically, pay scales have not really changed very much in this business over the past 50 years, at least that's the case in my part of the world and the other locations I've performed.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#429913 - 03/15/17 06:39 PM Re: So You Always wanted to Play on a Cruise ship?... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... actually, I didn't mention anything about the salaries, but the working conditions as you described them ... and while the salaries might not have gone up, based on the musicians I spoke with on board, and the comments made by the young man in the videos Donny posted, playing less than 4 hours a day was common .. so the $$$ may not have changed, but apparently the number of hours you work are considerably less ...
When you consider that you are also getting room and board, the gig could be quite attractive - FOR THE RIGHT PERSON ...
And from what I've seen, the RIGHT PERSON is usually someone 40 years and younger ...

smile rocker

#429914 - 03/15/17 06:47 PM Re: So You Always wanted to Play on a Cruise ship?... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I agree, Tony, they would have to be a lot younger than you and I. wink Well, at least younger than me. smile As for the living conditions, it seems to vary considerably with the individual cruise lines. Some provide a real cabin, while others only provide you with crew quarters, which are often shared. Joe told me that the headliner bands were treated like royalty, while the piano bar entertainers were just another crew member.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#429915 - 03/16/17 07:37 AM Re: So You Always wanted to Play on a Cruise ship?... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

watch all 6 videos cool2

Thanks Donny, i really enjoyed them..

Also found proof of him being a real musician overhere

Its also on a cruise ship

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online