SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#429866 - 03/13/17 06:27 PM OT: Very Disappointed ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mother Nature is really going to do a job on us tomorrow ... not only is she going to dump 10 - 12 inches of snow on us - and a number of other Eastern seaboard states - but tomorrow we were supposed to be traveling to Boston with some friends for dinner followed by a concert with those great young Italian singers 'Il Volo' ... due to the expected blizzard the concert has already been cancelled ... frown mad frown
The song starts at 1:04 ...

Edited by tony mads usa (03/13/17 06:30 PM)

#429867 - 03/13/17 06:41 PM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Everything has been cancelled here - we are scheduled to get 12 to 18 inches of snow in the area I live in, but with luck, the warm front will slide farther north and we will get less. Sure hope this is the case. Either way, it's gonna cost me $80 to $100 to get the driveway cleared and the sidewalk shoveled. Next winter, it's Marathon Key or the Bahamas for me, living aboard the boat.

Yep, it was sweater weather that evening - just 70 degrees. The 20 somethings were wearing shorts and halter tops. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#429871 - 03/13/17 08:43 PM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hope the worst of it misses you. It's bad here too. Had to interrupt the golf game today to let a shower pass by! 😵

#429873 - 03/14/17 04:49 AM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bummer on having the show cancelled!

Add me to the list of those that hopes the worst misses you in the north. Tough night last night, here in Central Florida, we had very heavy rain, cool here this morning at 49 degrees. smile smile

On the downside Tony, we planned to head north tomorrow morning taking 4 days on the road to get back to Rhode Island, not sure how our plans will change.

#429874 - 03/14/17 06:26 AM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Online   content

Relax glass of wine watch Godfather 1,2,3, Goodfellas,
Bronx tale , Donny Brasco, Sopranos 6 seasons...ah Bliss !!

Edited by Dnj (03/14/17 11:48 AM)

#429877 - 03/14/17 10:39 AM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Add me to the list of those that hopes the worst misses you in the north. Tough night last night, here in Central Florida, we had very heavy rain, cool here this morning at 49 degrees. smile smile
On the downside Tony, we planned to head north tomorrow morning taking 4 days on the road to get back to Rhode Island, not sure how our plans will change.

Yes ... and they are not in the NE area the rest of the year ... frown ... I may have to go to Italy to see them ... grin

Be safe on your trip home Steve ... looking forward to seeing you ...

Originally Posted By Dnj
Relax glass of wine watch Godfather 1,2,3, Goodfellas, Bronx tale , Donny Brasco, Sopranos 6 seasons... !!

Well, no alcohol during Lent ... the movies are a good idea, but first I will work on some tunes for a couple of upcoming shows ... keys singer

Snow turned to freezing rain a while ago ... I don't think we will get nearly what they predicted but the roads will still be hazardous ...

#429878 - 03/14/17 11:07 AM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Bronx tale , Donny Brasco, Sopranos 6 seasons... !!

or, maybe ...
Waking Ned Devine, Once, The Commitments, Brooklyn
It's IRISH week!

#429881 - 03/14/17 02:43 PM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
Bronx tale , Donny Brasco, Sopranos 6 seasons... !!

or, maybe ...
Waking Ned Devine, Once, The Commitments, Brooklyn
It's IRISH week!

yes, but St. Joseph's Day is Sunday !!!
Tradition - pastry deep fried - but NOT greasy, filled with Cannoli (ricotta) cream !!!

Attachments
zeppole cannoli-cream.jpg

#429882 - 03/14/17 06:13 PM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Yes ... and they are not in the NE area the rest of the year ... frown ... I may have to go to Italy to see them ... grin

Be safe on your trip home Steve ... looking forward to seeing you ...

Originally Posted By Dnj
Relax glass of wine watch Godfather 1,2,3, Goodfellas, Bronx tale , Donny Brasco, Sopranos 6 seasons... !!

Well, no alcohol during Lent ... the movies are a good idea, but first I will work on some tunes for a couple of upcoming shows ... keys singer

Snow turned to freezing rain a while ago ... I don't think we will get nearly what they predicted but the roads will still be hazardous ...

Tony thanks for the safe travel wishes! Ditto looking forward to getting together.

That Zeppole you posted looks terrific!!

#429883 - 03/14/17 07:17 PM Re: OT: Very Disappointed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Online   content

Sfinge yummy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online