SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#429836 - 03/13/17 07:55 AM Re: New Technics Keyboard Seen In Store [Re: hammer]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
We've all said our piece, and all points are valid. Funny how some old gear keeps popping up in conversation. If anyone ever saw me perform on that i5s I'd get laughed off the stage .... UNTIL they heard it.
smile
s'all gud.

#429843 - 03/13/17 08:12 AM Re: New Technics Keyboard Seen In Store [Re: Dnj]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Originally Posted By Dnj
I never liked the KN7000 the sunken keybed was horrible with the sides blocked on each end....
and IMO if you pout the pa4x and 7k side by side there is no comparison in sound quality & features..
the KN5000 was a best in the technics line after that I lost interest.

I didn't like the design myself or the new panel memory buttons and was very reluctant to trade in my KN6500 which was a fantastic board.
However, the new sounds and the convenience of the SD card along with other features soon convinced me that I had made a good choice.

Never had a Korg so I know nothing about the PA4x but to compare boards with a 12 year age difference means very little although I do knw that my KN7000 has some sounds which better my Tyros 4.

Technics were the innovators in the field at the time and despite what many think, they didn't stop selling or go bust but were closed down by the parent company, Panasonic, who said they made more profits on their TVs, Hi-Fi's, Vacuums and other electricals without putting a lot of R&D into their keyboard lines.
I'm quite sure that a KN8000 with a more traditional design would have still sold like hot cakes.

At the end, we all have different likes (which is a good thing or there would be no choice left) so it's good that everyone thinks that their own board is the bees knees but I also think that there have been no great strides made by any company since the demise of Technics and that's very sad.
Tony

#430066 - 03/24/17 07:48 AM Re: New Technics Keyboard Seen In Store [Re: hammer]
ykc Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
For what it's worth - I am still using a KN2000 for my school/synagogue programs. It has been a workhorse for me in the many years I have had it. The piano sound is terrible by today's standards, but the EP's, basses, and other sounds are more than useable. I would love a kurzweil micropiano -they're old, yes, but the piano sounds on board the little thing are great.

Thoughts?

I would love to see a new Technics arranger, indeed.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online