SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#429701 - 03/10/17 09:57 AM Re: Got quite a(sort of) compliment. [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One time during Independence Bowl some years ago, we had fans from both teams in the house. One table would pay to hear their fight song, and another table would pay me to STOP and do theirs. This went back and forth for most of the night, but it was all in good fun and $ort of lucrative.
I had prepared ahead of time by knowing both songs!

#429704 - 03/10/17 10:32 AM Re: Got quite a(sort of) compliment. [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Dave
I have always wondered about this type of gig. How do you know all these songs and be able to take requests on the spot. I'm sure after a while you can't guess what will be requested but not always. I'm not one to "fake" my way through a. Song and what. About the other player?

http://duelingpianoskc.com/dueling-pianos-songs/

#429705 - 03/10/17 10:38 AM Re: Got quite a(sort of) compliment. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Dave
thanks again. Cloth sides, who could tell ? If you get a chance throw out some more pics and maybe a few tunes.
I treid to get a female piano player here to do that sort of thing and she just can't break out of her current duo of keys and sax.
With this idea I may give it another go. very different and entertainong.
Yea I do mos to fpof those songs and tons more but getting hit with request on the spot is tough
Thanks again

#429708 - 03/10/17 11:14 AM Re: Got quite a(sort of) compliment. [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Dave
thanks again. Cloth sides, who could tell ? If you get a chance throw out some more pics and maybe a few tunes.
I treid to get a female piano player here to do that sort of thing and she just can't break out of her current duo of keys and sax.
With this idea I may give it another go. very different and entertainong.
Yea I do mos to fpof those songs and tons more but getting hit with request on the spot is tough
Thanks again

Bill I would suggest you go see some dueling piano acts where ever they may be to get some good ideas on how its done also, there is much more to this kind of act then just the playing and singing, thats said playing with charts is a big hinderance imo for tis kind of fast paced act,...good luck

Edited by Dnj (03/10/17 02:02 PM)

#429714 - 03/10/17 12:54 PM Re: Got quite a(sort of) compliment. [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Some years ago my neighbor and I built a REAL fake piano bar. It was huge and heavy and had to be transported in a pickup truck. It had a shelf for the keyboard, a music rack and drink holders for the guests. I used it in one location for about a year. When it was time to move I brought it home, dismantled it and used it for firewood! smile

#429772 - 03/11/17 10:41 PM Re: Got quite a(sort of) compliment. [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
The vast majority are very nice, intelligent individuals who have outlived their bodies. Gary cool

Gary......I read what you wrote here a few weeks back and it's stuck with me ever since. I always treat the audience with respect and interact with them both on and off stage. BUT......I never thought about them that way. That's a very different and very useful perspective.

Coincidentally, a few days ago I was in a music store talking to one of the (older) salespersons. I mentioned to him what you said above, and he commented "the mind really goes on and on, remembers absolutely everything under the right circumstances while the body inevitably slows down and eventually comes to a halt. Point being that we have the same desires, impulses, wants, dreams, ambitions, etc as we had when we were younger....that never changes, but that the body will start refusing to cooperate (another way of saying in paragraphs what YOU said in ONE sentence).

Been thinking a lot about both of those remarks now for both myself and especially when I meet others.

Mark

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online