SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#429089 - 02/20/17 01:07 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark I tried to send you a PM message. It said user not know. If there is interest email me.
John C.

jpcinto@bellsouth.net

#429091 - 02/20/17 02:00 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Like most people, I've had times of health issues - various surgeries - that kept me from performing for short periods of time, but the longest I ever stayed from playing professionally was after I moved to RI ... Having been in one band with four other players for 26 years, it was very strange to think about playing solo or with other musicians, and I did not play a gig for 7 years ... but I would sing and play at the piano for hours on end at home, and finally my wife convinced me I should go out and try to get some solo gigs, which I did ...

I just spoke with a very long time friend - he was the founder and drummer on our band in NY - who just had colon surgery, and has been diagnosed with stage 4 Cancer with multiple related problems ... besides, drums, he played and taught piano, led church choirs, etc. etc., and now can do none of it ... While we are both 'believers in our faith' I was still amazed to hear how positive his attitude is ...
I dealt with prostate surgery about 14 years ago, so I know what the word 'cancer' can do to your mind ...
while illness will take us down certain paths, what we do along those paths is still mostly up to us ...

#429108 - 02/20/17 05:35 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Tony I put a band together with friends from my music studio. The bass player was the singer. The bass player was up front so he received a lot of attention.

After a few years he started drinking. The jobs became distasteful. I told the other members that he had to go. Because he was out front he told the other members that he would be getting the jobs; not me. So they asked me to leave. My band – I had to leave. I sat home and played cards on Saturday night for six months. Aaaaaaaaah!!!!

He kept drinking and the men could no longer stand it. They asked me to come back. Hmmmmm. Not only did I go back but I became the lead singer. It is possible to turn something bad into something great. The band stayed successful for many years.
The Bass player was my best friend. He died of cancer due to his drinking.

And life goes on, John C.

PS, the longer you live the more stories you have.

#429192 - 02/23/17 10:14 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Donnie......I'm not understanding your post. May I ask you? You're physically sick or just mentally burned out.......or.........both?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online