SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#428816 - 02/11/17 09:18 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: bruno123]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
Why do people take change so seriously?

I read a book called Portholes (like on a ship) As you go through a porthole you enter into a big change. New furniture, painted walls, and whatever – embrace what’s coming and don’t look back. Better still it may be time to change the type of jobs you have played. I have turned from all-about-me to helping people

John....among other members feedback here, I particularly enjoy reading your many philosophical and real-life responses to issues that are posted on the forum. i.e.....I like the way you think.

What is the complete name of the book? I Googled but couldn't come up with anything.

Mark

#428827 - 02/12/17 08:24 AM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Hey Donny
Hope your getting better every day. The break from preforming, while necessitated because of your health, may be a good thing. Time to recharge and refresh, physically and mentally. And now that your away from it for awhile step back and take a look at how much you want to keep doing it.

I've been slowing backing off too, not because of health, but fewer opportunities that I can comfortably fit into. I'm amazed that I still do it at all but the things I've done recently have gone well. I don't think I could of ever kept it up if I was a full timer like you, its a tough grind. Your a true survivor in the music biz.
Relax, enjoy your free time and do whatever you want, you, like Gary, have earned it.

#428836 - 02/12/17 11:38 AM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
The only thing you can predict with certainty is change, although a close second is "sh#t happens"!

The trouble I have with getting older is that my brain still thinks I'm 21....

#428845 - 02/12/17 12:31 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Doo-doo occurs! smile

#428847 - 02/12/17 12:33 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
a nicer phrase that I should have used!

#428850 - 02/12/17 01:40 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny, Wishing you the best for a healthy future and being able to do what you love most!

#428853 - 02/12/17 02:05 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanx everyone... It's such a tug of war mentally also... But working on it slowly...

#428855 - 02/12/17 03:24 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Donny, you must've had lapses from performing at times before now (chest infections, flu, etc.) but you'll have come through them okay. I'm sure you'll come through this current episode, too. Powerful stuff, music. Be well.

#429086 - 02/20/17 11:56 AM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Dnj]
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hey Donny
Sorry to hear you have been unwell. I do hope you get on the right side of it soon. I know all too well how ill health can rob us of the things we cherish. I can't play much at all now because of the MS. It can be hard and more than a little frustrating to find your way again but find it you will. I can't imagine anything that would keep you down for long.

Personally I spent far too long dwelling on what I lost rather than the amazing discoveries out there that I had never even thought were for me....and that in turn made me settle back down into allowing myself to enjoy music again, in different ways than before but with the same joy and enthusiasm I used to have. All of which is my long winded way of saying take time for you, don't force it and never be afraid to try new stuff.

Be well old friend x

#429087 - 02/20/17 12:10 PM Re: Did you ever have to break away from playing kb? [Re: Tony W]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Tony W
Hey Donny
Sorry to hear you have been unwell. I do hope you get on the right side of it soon. I know all too well how ill health can rob us of the things we cherish. I can't play much at all now because of the MS. It can be hard and more than a little frustrating to find your way again but find it you will. I can't imagine anything that would keep you down for long.

Personally I spent far too long dwelling on what I lost rather than the amazing discoveries out there that I had never even thought were for me....and that in turn made me settle back down into allowing myself to enjoy music again, in different ways than before but with the same joy and enthusiasm I used to have. All of which is my long winded way of saying take time for you, don't force it and never be afraid to try new stuff.

Be well old friend x

Thank you Tony appreciate your kind words

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online