SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#428772 - 02/10/17 01:59 PM Banned on another forum
Bachus Offline

I just got banned from the keyboardcorner forum...

No mail, no reason, just a termination of the account for violation of a forum policy, no warning, no message on what forum policy i broke....

I think i know the reason, i got a single remark from another user about my links to keyboardszone.boards.net and that it was not acceptable to generate webtrafic in that way...

Wel had a nice discussion and parted as friends after i explained to him what the website means to do in the future..

I have tought about this for a few hours, and i dont think there is any other way for me to generate acceptance, trafic and a name for a new forum then trough linking there from other places on the world wide web...

So here comes my question to all of you, do you think linking to a newspost on another forum instead of directly linking to the news is distastefull?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428776 - 02/10/17 03:39 PM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

I don't think it is distasteful at all at least not from the viewpoint of consumers. Much of the Internet activity is about sharing info especially between the end-users. No wonder places like Red China and North Korea closely control and monitor the Internet. The governments (the manufacturers) don't want their people(customers) to know about how good other countries (products by other companies) are.

The manufacturers have a conflict of interests but the consumers are not. The site that banned you must be insecure about themselves. In my case, your link led me to a wealth of good, and pertinent information that I can use. Once I expressed my excitement about Gig Performer on a VST host program forum to share with other end users. They deleted my thread saying that I was paid by GP. It is natural that the company must have felt threatened by a competitor with a good product. However, the attitude of the end users is something else. Psychologically, we tend to rationalize our purchases to a fault sometimes, and it will render us irrationally and overly protective of what we own. I try not to be emotionally attached to what I own. It makes me happy when I see a fellow musician getting a good deal on a piece of gear they wanted to get and that it works well for them. I couldn't care less about the brand and model as long as we all get good deals on products that work for us. That's the reason why I share and expect others to share.

A few months ago, I saw some electronic modification work on an instrument someone did and posted on the internet. I found out that he happens to live less than 3 hours from me and he ended up doing the work free for me. Had I waited for my Roland certified technician in my area I would have had to wait 6 months. He said that he wil do the work on one condition: I don't pay a penny for the parts and labor. The catch is I make a donation to a house of worship of my own choice. An odd catch I thought, but I did not protest. He bought all the parts, battery chargers, cables, and connectors. I told him that I have my catch, too. I gave him a Roland Audio/MIDI USB Interface, and the flaship model of Live Styler USB keylock and with every sound that came with it plus invitations to stay at my place when he goes to a national park near me as hes goes there every year. The power of sharing info on the interent though as with anything else, there is the dark side such as Cragist killing...
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#428783 - 02/11/17 12:09 AM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: Bachus]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

I have been banned from several forums for posting a message about e.g. a new article or a new software program at my site.

Just a line of text and a link. No image, no video, no sound, no... simple and silent

The argument was the same: Generating web traffic is not allowed.

But then please tell me: How can we share knowledge and information at the www WITHOUT generating web traffic?

Of course I have removed links to these forums from my site as I can not recommend a forum if I am not allowed to see what it holds.

I can visit these forums as a guest; and I can see that their popularity is decreasing. They loose traffic by this attitude.

Jørgen

#428785 - 02/11/17 12:37 AM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: Bachus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is terrible. Makes no sense. I welcome people promoting their websites because they provide features that others don't. It is not a competition. Sites like Jørgen's website as well as many others provide very unique services and information. It is only by being co-operative and supporting each other that we can provide our visitors with the best experience on the web.

Synth Zone has always been about promoting links to websites online that are of interest to its visitors.

Jørgen, you know there is no restriction on what you want to post on this forum.

#428786 - 02/11/17 01:24 AM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: Bachus]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Well said Nigel,
Synthzone is a first rate example to all sites with this policy. It helps us to know what's going on and keeps us well informed about our favourite interest.

I visit Bachus's new site every day in the same way that I visit Synthzone daily and a few other sites too.
In the case of Bachus's site, this was sorely needed because we needed another site for Ketron owners in particular.
When Synthzone had problems a few weeks ago, no one knew what was happening and there was suddenly no way to communicate with each other as so many sites are angled at one particular make of keyboard and I've been made unwelcome in the past when mentioning Ketron or Technics on a certain Yamaha site.
Tony

#428789 - 02/11/17 02:15 AM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Understandable if it is a manufactures website, as they do not wish to promote the competition, however, for a general website, it is a ridicules’ rule.

If on the other hand, it is a manufacture or dealer etc. that is using the forum to promote their wares, as if they were a member of the general public, then that is a different thing altogether, particularly as most sites allow manufactures & dealers to post, so long as the inform the users that they are a manufacture or dealer.

Bill

#428790 - 02/11/17 02:54 AM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By Anthony Johnson
Well said Nigel,
When Synthzone had problems a few weeks ago, no one knew what was happening and there was suddenly no way to communicate with each other as so many sites are angled at one particular make of keyboard and I've been made unwelcome in the past when mentioning Ketron or Technics on a certain Yamaha site.
Tony

You are so right. Unforeseen things can happen to sites so it is always good to have alternate sites to keep in touch.

#428798 - 02/11/17 08:40 AM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Thanks guys, glad i am not alone on this...

The forum, i am taling about is keyboardcorner, its a community that considers itselves a pro community... and i must say the community itselves is great... with interesting discussions, many consider the board however the only active community for (pro) keyboardplayers..

Sadly the moderation obviously not.. its part of the "musicplayer" network, moderation is done bybemployees of the network who have absolutely no connection with the community.. musicplayer even pulled the boards offline last year witouth any previous statements to the community.... only because of the huge demand by the community they bought them back... it was said to be a buiseness desigen, forums according to the management had no place anymore on an internet dominated by facebook...

Its an absolute grotesque act to bann people that have been memebers of a community for years witouth even a single warning ... and bann them permanently.. i think that says something about the moderation...

Its a miracle to me how such a great community can live with such non anti social and non communicative webadministrators...

#428800 - 02/11/17 11:11 AM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: Bachus]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Never heard of the forum before. Just found it and created an account. Let us see what happens to me...

Come on, I have been living happily without the forum until now, and if this will have to continue that way for any reason, I guess I will survive...

Jørgen

#428801 - 02/11/17 11:36 AM Re: Banned on another forum [Re: joso]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By joso
Hi

Never heard of the forum before. Just found it and created an account. Let us see what happens to me...

Come on, I have been living happily without the forum until now, and if this will have to continue that way for any reason, I guess I will survive...

Jørgen

Maybe you have more luck then me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online