SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#428766 - 02/10/17 04:50 AM Re: Tyros 5 (61 versus 76 version) [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bill in Dayton
Not necessarily looking for the latest/greatest but I've had the T1, T2, psr 3000 and nwo the psr s970.

I like the s970 a lot, but the 2 voices restriction at a time is something I find to be a hindrence, even when cerating additional registration to compensate for it.

I have to "think" too much when I'm playing the psrs970, versus the T2 for example.

Having that 3rd voice one click away makes a big diference to me.

The T5 (either version) will be a major step up for me, and I think is also a good value...

I appreciate the input guys - thanks!

The limit of 3 or 4 voices layered and split over the keyboard is kind of getting old..
Even the Roland G70 allready had 6 voices.

I hope next gen arrangers will allow for more voices on the keyboard.... Roland Jupiter 80 had a nice system, where you could have a bass, 4 left voices, 4 right voices and a top voice for solo parts... you could even layer those parts on top of eachother in full keyboard mode... however, since the groups of 4 voices where called live sets, there where still only 4 main groups vissible... just like on tyros5...

Having just 3 or 4 voices while enough for most situations, is one of the things they do need to advance in arrangers...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428768 - 02/10/17 07:41 AM Re: Tyros 5 (61 versus 76 version) [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Not necessarily looking for the latest/greatest but I've had the T1, T2, psr 3000 and nwo the psr s970.

I like the s970 a lot, but the 2 voices restriction at a time is something I find to be a hindrence, even when cerating additional registration to compensate for it.

I have to "think" too much when I'm playing the psrs970, versus the T2 for example.

The T5 (either version) will be a major step up for me, and I think is also a good value...

Hi Bill,
I solved the problem on the S970 by creating my own OTS and saving the style as a user style.
That way I can have 8 voices per style.
Eric

#428771 - 02/10/17 12:20 PM Re: Tyros 5 (61 versus 76 version) [Re: Eric, B]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By Eric, B

Hi Bill,
I solved the problem on the S970 by creating my own OTS and saving the style as a user style.
That way I can have 8 voices per style.
Eric

I setup my Tyros 5 with User Styles as well, but generally lock in the Freeze function for my Left Hand voice. This opens up my active registration bank to the selected User style... so 8 registrations X 3 Right Hand voices or layered for 24 active voice selections for the User style.

You can also save your 4 Multipads(with different voices, drums, effects, and patterns) to each of the 4 OTS saves, which again have 3 Right Hand voices.

So with one User Style save, the user has instant access to 24 voices from the voice registration bank, 12 from the OTS saves, and 16 different Multipad voices/patterns, drums/drum patterns, effects and throw in 4 optional Audio Multipad saves per User Style.

The Tyros 5 also allows OTS saves to be made to the Organ world voices and the Ensemble Voices, all accessible to a single User Style save. That power, that performance, that's Yamaha.

Marcus

#428795 - 02/11/17 07:53 AM Re: Tyros 5 (61 versus 76 version) [Re: Bill in Dayton]
zuki Offline

I would never go back to 61. Just the total playing freedom is worth the extra 15! Go for it Bill, you are getting buffed!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online