SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#428382 - 01/31/17 06:17 AM Re: Reminiscing over losing a friend, a little OT [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

No matter how big the loss, they allways leave a lot of sweet memmories behind, cherishing those good memmories makes it much easier for me to get over the actuall loss...

Over the course of my live i lost a brother, a daughter, my father, my inlaws, and quite some friends.... i keep them all alive in my memmories... and by taking about them to others...

In the end, thats what our lives are, a collection of sweet memmories...

Edited by Bachus (01/31/17 06:18 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428385 - 01/31/17 07:36 AM Re: Reminiscing over losing a friend, a little OT [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks everyone. Bob will be missed for sure. They determined that he had been dead at least a week before he was found.
When it rains it pours, last night another friend, Henry Levy, was hit head-on in his car, by an illegal immigrant who was going the wrong way on a one-way bridge. The guy had no papers, no license, no insurance and was extremely drunk. Henry suffered broken arm, both broken hips, ruptured spleen and many cuts and bruises. They are probably going to have to remove his spleen. His life is still in danger.
Some of you may remember Henry because he was at the first Shreveport Arranger Jam. He played guitar and used a Ketron module for backing, changing chords with foot pedal.
Sorry to be so negative. I know we all have many such losses and experiences, especially the older ones of us!

#428413 - 01/31/17 07:00 PM Re: Reminiscing over losing a friend, a little OT [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don the blessing of a longer life exposes us to loss of people who are dear to us. All but one of my musician friends are gone.

The good news is that I am filling the losses with new musician friends. I be one lucky guy. (My view)

John C.

#428420 - 02/01/17 02:19 AM Re: Reminiscing over losing a friend, a little OT [Re: DonM]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
DonM. That's a lovely story and not easy to write about your friend on the forum. You made a difference in his life also.

graham uk

#428428 - 02/01/17 09:44 AM Re: Reminiscing over losing a friend, a little OT [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Don, at least that "rarified" air you breath so high up off the ground will keep you healthy (and grumpy) for a long, long time.

Sure you were a great friend and supporter.

R.

#428442 - 02/01/17 09:26 PM Re: Reminiscing over losing a friend, a little OT [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bob was not a religious person, but he sold a lot of pianos and organs to churches and church members. Often the pastors and church musicians would visit the store and he encouraged them to sit down and play the various instruments. They all loved him and his wry sense of humor.
When the circumstances were just right, he would ask them if they knew "Bringing in the Sheaves", and then he would start to play it for them. After he butchered it, they all wanted to play it for him! Sorry I don't know how to save it from Facebook, but if you are on FB you can see it here:
https://www.facebook.com/jim.sorensen.77/videos/1179108968876296/

Edited by DonM (02/01/17 09:28 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online