SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#428393 - 01/31/17 08:54 AM Re: Registrations On SD7 Question [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Do you have a back up of your registrations you can use in place of those in the keyboard at the moment?

Yes I do have a back up and can use it.

Edited by Stephenm52 (01/31/17 08:57 AM)

#428395 - 01/31/17 08:56 AM Re: Registrations On SD7 Question [Re: hammer]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
Hi Stephen,
If you have used converted styles for a registration that might be the cause of the problem. I have many thousands of the ketron legacy styles that I converted for the SD7 and most work really great. Some cause problems for some reason. Unfortunately, there is no way to know which one will be cause a problem until you try it.

Deane

Ok I know that I have come across at least a couple of converted styles did cause a problem. It will be the process of elmination.

#428421 - 02/01/17 04:16 AM Re: Registrations On SD7 Question [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

I did some cutting, copying and pasting of my registrations thru my Chromebook laptop...........so far so good, Bank 1 registrations are working properly i.e. I get back to the registration that was being used and not to the top of the list.

#428429 - 02/01/17 10:34 AM Re: Registrations On SD7 Question [Re: Stephenm52]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Glad to heat it Steve, how to go ! Lloyd

#428430 - 02/01/17 12:12 PM Re: Registrations On SD7 Question [Re: Stephenm52]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Stephen,
I have learned two things about my SD7 that are important.
1. The time it takes to get what you want from the SD7 is well spent.
2. Make darn sure you make backups EVERYTIME you make changes.
I usually copy the USER_STYLE, USER_VOICE, and REGISTRATION
folders to a thumb drive.

Deane

#428431 - 02/01/17 12:32 PM Re: Registrations On SD7 Question [Re: hammer]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
Stephen,
I have learned two things about my SD7 that are important.
1. The time it takes to get what you want from the SD7 is well spent.
2. Make darn sure you make backups EVERYTIME you make changes.
I usually copy the USER_STYLE, USER_VOICE, and REGISTRATION
folders to a thumb drive.

Deane

Deane,

Thanks for what I'm sure is some wise advice!

Lloyd,
Thanks! Yea I'm happy the registrations are working as intended.

#428535 - 02/03/17 02:54 PM Re: Registrations On SD7 Question [Re: Stephenm52]
Tonewheeldude Offline

i may have already mentioned this, but name any user voices (and styles if you plan to add custom styles) with numbers at the start. e.g. 001_Piano 002_Dark_Piano and so on

That way it wont mess your registrations up if you add a new sound or style that is alphabetically lower than the voices already saved. Ketrons registrations don't link to actual files, but to locations.

As an example if your first user voice in the Trumpet section is called "Harry_James" and you have a registration that loads the voice, adding a new user voice called "Alison_Balsom" will save 'before' the Harry_James trumpet. Now your registration will link to Alison_Balsom instead. Adding the numbers in front stops this from happening.

#428537 - 02/03/17 03:07 PM Re: Registrations On SD7 Question [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Tonewheeldude
i may have already mentioned this, but name any user voices (and styles if you plan to add custom styles) with numbers at the start. e.g. 001_Piano 002_Dark_Piano and so on

That way it wont mess your registrations up if you add a new sound or style that is alphabetically lower than the voices already saved. Ketrons registrations don't link to actual files, but to locations.

As an example if your first user voice in the Trumpet section is called "Harry_James" and you have a registration that loads the voice, adding a new user voice called "Alison_Balsom" will save 'before' the Harry_James trumpet. Now your registration will link to Alison_Balsom instead. Adding the numbers in front stops this from happening.

Thanks good information and I believe you may have mentioned it I know Deane did also when I spoke to him.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online