SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#428042 - 01/22/17 02:43 AM Re: Ketron SD40 and Satisfaction Level of SD7 Users [Re: Anonymous]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Originally Posted By rosetree
As Ketron states in the SD40 PDF brochure that the new module will be identical to the SD7(except the obvious differences like missing keys...), I'd like to ask how happy or unhappy SD7 users have lately been. I read that before the 1.1 update in November many complained about unrealiability etc. Has the update finally fixed all the important problems?

As the systems are stated to be identical, the SD40 should benefit from the "beta testing" by SD7 users...

The SD40 is not quite identical to the SD7 because it lacks the RAM sounds of the SD7.

This is a bad marketing ploy by Ketron as I would have been one of the first purchasers of the SD40 had it not been for the missing RAM sounds.

I own the Midjpro and am delighted with it and am a "happy" user.
I prefer it in many ways to my Tyros4, especially sound wise.
As my Midjpro is used exclusively as an arranger, the SD40 would suit my needs far better than the Midjpro but, without the RAM sounds, it is not worth the price of the purchase to me.
I agree that a SD9 module would be even better but no one knows if Ketron has plans for this and, if they did, would they include the RAM sound too.
Tony

#428046 - 01/22/17 06:00 AM Re: Ketron SD40 and Satisfaction Level of SD7 Users [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Anthony Johnson
Originally Posted By rosetree
As Ketron states in the SD40 PDF brochure that the new module will be identical to the SD7(except the obvious differences like missing keys...), I'd like to ask how happy or unhappy SD7 users have lately been. I read that before the 1.1 update in November many complained about unrealiability etc. Has the update finally fixed all the important problems?

As the systems are stated to be identical, the SD40 should benefit from the "beta testing" by SD7 users...

The SD40 is not quite identical to the SD7 because it lacks the RAM sounds of the SD7.

This is a bad marketing ploy by Ketron as I would have been one of the first purchasers of the SD40 had it not been for the missing RAM sounds.

I own the Midjpro and am delighted with it and am a "happy" user.
I prefer it in many ways to my Tyros4, especially sound wise.
As my Midjpro is used exclusively as an arranger, the SD40 would suit my needs far better than the Midjpro but, without the RAM sounds, it is not worth the price of the purchase to me.
I agree that a SD9 module would be even better but no one knows if Ketron has plans for this and, if they did, would they include the RAM sound too.
Tony

Also it misses some of the audio player and deejay features..

I also dont understand why there is not a full SD7 inside...

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online