SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#426987 - 10/15/16 10:20 AM people watching sports while live music is playing
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
25 or 30 people were at the bar watching baseball and/or football.applause for the quartet was practically non-existent.

... but those musicians love going to work, and doing their thing ... unlike some of the players on TV who are forced (yeah, right) to work in our "terribly unjust" nation (ColinK, and the sheep who follow him) and hate their jobs ... but don't mind taking the money from all the oppressors who pay their unrealistic salaries.
I haven't watched a football game all year because of guys like them.

Sorry if this ruffles feathers, and I know it will, but my feathers are ruffled every time someone puts down my homeland, and still enjoys the benefits of living/woking here. We're not a perfect nation, but we're no where near as terrible as the twisted, liberal media presents.
[end of rant]

#426994 - 10/15/16 01:59 PM Re: people watching sports while live music is playing [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dave - 10yr vet here who also loves his country, but not to the point of ignoring all the wrongs in this country. The 'unrealistic salaries' (for a lifetime of sacrifice and training and getting your brains scrambled on a weekly basis) can't buy then the dignity and respect accorded to you simply by being born White. And let's not even talk about equal protection under the criminal justice system which includes the hugely disproportionate killing of unarmed Blacks by (in many cases) blatantly racist cops.

As a teacher, you should know that this country was built on the right to PEACEFUL PROTEST. So, sounds like it's okay for you but not for 'ColinK' and his 'sheep' who feel (as I do) that they have a legitimate grievance and choose to exercise their constitutionally guaranteed right to express it. They have all said repeatedly that their protest in no way reflects any disrespect or non-love for their country but is their way of bringing attention to a problem that is VERY REAL for Blacks in this country. But having lived your entire 60+ years under the blanket of 'White Priviledge', I guess you wouldn't know that. Try living in the other guy's shoes once in a while. And please, stop blaming everything on the 'liberal media'. I suppose that includes all media except Fox News. What next - Trump for Sainthood? Umm, nice ring to it - St. Donald.

Dave, I really, really, really try to like the guys on this board 'cause basically I like practically everybody, but some of you make it really difficult. I've gotten too old to hate people anymore and recognize how unrewarding and unfulfilling it can be. I will also continue to do everything in my power to try to lessen the growing divide in this country by treating ALL people with respect regardless of their superficial trappings (such as race, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, skin color, PARTY AFFILIATION) and help whoever I can, wherever I can.

Have a good day go make someone feel good with some good music.

Peace,

chas

#427009 - 10/16/16 07:34 AM Re: people watching sports while live music is playing [Re: Uncle Dave]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
And to have teachers thinking this way .................
That is why Donald and Hilary are two of the best Americans right now.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#427036 - 10/17/16 07:19 AM Re: people watching sports while live music is playing [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hi Chaz,
I expected some feedback on this topic. It's not something that you can just say, and forget. I took some time to think about your reply, and re-read it a few times before posting. I didn't want to let too much emotion rule my pen. Here goes:

"Dave - 10yr vet here who also loves his country, but not to the point of ignoring all the wrongs in this country. The 'unrealistic salaries' (for a lifetime of sacrifice and training and getting your brains scrambled on a weekly basis) can't buy then the dignity and respect accorded to you simply by being born White"
*** I never brought race into this. As long as the color card keeps being played, the problem will continue. These protests offend me, and I only speak from my own attachment to these feelings. I agree, there is lots wrong (and lots right, too), but it’s socially harmful to keep pointing fingers at someone’s race. The actions of wrong-doers should be aimed at the individual, and not their race.

"And let's not even talk about equal protection under the criminal justice system which includes the hugely disproportionate killing of unarmed Blacks by (in many cases) blatantly racist cops"
*** If that’s really true, it’s horrible, but I doubt tat the real percentages are known. The media prints/states a “race” shot a “race” …. and the hate goes on. People are people, and until we start treating all the same, the unrest will fester. When a person in public service acts badly, or irresponsibly, they should be held accountable. You singled out “unarmed blacks” but generalized “racist cops” … You mean WHITE cops? “Non-Black” cops? That’s not fair, or true.

"As a teacher, you should know that this country was built on the right to PEACEFUL PROTEST. So, sounds like it's okay for you but not for 'ColinK' and his 'sheep' who feel (as I do) that they have a legitimate grievance and choose to exercise their constitutionally guaranteed right to express it. They have all said repeatedly that their protest in no way reflects any disrespect or non-love for their country but is their way of bringing attention to a problem that is VERY REAL for Blacks in this country"
*** Yes, we all have a right to peaceful protest (remember how well that was received in the 60s?), but choosing to use our nation's symbol as a bargaining chip is unforgivable in my eyes. The anthem is sung as a reminder that we all are one. To protest during that time is just egotistical, and self centered. (my right to say … in peaceful protest to those actions)

"having lived your entire 60+ years under the blanket of 'White Priviledge', I guess you wouldn't know that. Try living in the other guy's shoes once in a while"
*** You speak of my privilege, but you generalize. You don’t know my walk, or my fight. I have never used any race related “priviledge.” My life is lived by the simple golden rule that treats all with respect. I look at people from the inside out, and sometimes, their outside actions are unappealing to me. That’s when I speak out. I don’t blame humanity for the actions of individual humans.

"please, stop blaming everything on the 'liberal media'. I suppose that includes all media except Fox News"
*** Hollywood is run my a powerful, liberal engine that is slanted very far to the extreme left. The media has always used celebrity status to push their agendas, and controversy creates ratings. Count up the news channels that present both sides, and tell me the numbers are equal. Please don't assume that because I seem to follow a Republican path that I am automatically a Trump supporter. Personally, I think the basic character of both major party candidates leave a lot to be desired. I will vote on issues, and not what is presented to be their morality. I have little faith that any of the candidates are worthy to baby-sit my children. Thankfully, our system of government has some checks and balances that do not give the president too much control, without proper advisement. Like most years past, I'll have to cross my fingers, and hope for the best. The choices are terrible, but the system still can work.
FWIW: I am a Pro-Life Republican who hates guns, and favors marriage equality. Neither party has the whole package, for me.

"Dave, I really, really, really try to like the guys on this board 'cause basically I like practically everybody, but some of you make it really difficult"
*** Some of “ME?” So, I guess I’m one of the ones that you have trouble liking. That’s fine. That’s why there are 52 flavors of ice cream, I suppose. I try to separate the arguments from the individual. I don't want a point of view to ruin the possibility for having a relationship with anyone. I hope you can at least respect me, if not like me. We all deserve respect ... sometimes we need it the most, when we deserve it the least.

"I've gotten too old to hate people anymore and recognize how unrewarding and unfulfilling it can be. I will also continue to do everything in my power to try to lessen the growing divide in this country by treating ALL people with respect regardless of their superficial trappings (such as race, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, skin color, PARTY AFFILIATION) and help whoever I can, wherever I can. Peace"
*** On this part - we totally agree. Vey well said. Let’s hope that one day, we can all practice this. I wish you would have led off with that statement.
Peace, back at ya, brother … and I say “brother” meaning that we are all brothers in the human race

I hope this brings us both closer to a tolerance of each other's views, even if the possibility of agreement is not yet there.
With THAT said - On to the music making!
(I never liked hanging out in bars, anyway ... unless I'm working!)

#427042 - 10/17/16 10:45 AM Re: people watching sports while live music is playing [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'll need some time to respond to this, Dave. In the meantime, I hope you get a chance to watch Nigel's video below.

chas

#427055 - 10/17/16 01:50 PM Re: people watching sports while live music is playing [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
I'll need some time to respond to this, Dave.
chas

Chas, Let's not do this in public ... even in the bar. If you'd like to share thoughts, give me a call. Let's go old school and talk to one another.
215-284-1328

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online