SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#426840 - 10/09/16 10:23 AM The only Ketron forum in the world
Bachus Offline

Is this the only International Ketron forum in the world?

What does that tell me about the Ketron community?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#426845 - 10/09/16 01:34 PM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It is a two edged sword-no marketing, but less criticism.

#426848 - 10/09/16 10:23 PM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Bachus]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

Despite all the critics, Ketron is in a class of it's own. The SD9Pro will up that once again. Sure, it will be criticized to death once again, but those who purchase it will have the absolute best technology has to offer in an arranger.

I can live with the minor bugs - normally completely blown out of proportion by others. I now have ONLY the Audya & I prefer it that way. Better to focus ALL ones attention on one arranger. I WILL be getting g a SD9Pro as soon as I have enough finances & I know that I will not regret doing so.

Cheers,

Henni

#426849 - 10/10/16 03:33 AM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Personally, I feel the same way about my Audya, and have had no problems due to the machine itself.

#426851 - 10/10/16 06:48 AM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Bernie9]
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
I purchased a Ketron SD7 a few months ago and can honestly say I have been blown away by the whole keyboard. It is such a lovely board to play.
In the whole time I have owned it I have had only one lockup and at the time I had been doing a lot of file copying and pasting (Henni's files from this site). After I finished the copying I went to play a style and it locked. I can live with that, no problem.
I also own a Tyros 5 and if I was told I could only keep one board, it would be the SD7. The styles seem to have much more in them than the yamaha and the voices to me sound a lot better especially the saxes and clarinet. I am not a lover of the super articulation voices on the Tyros as you can get some strange results but that is probably the way I play.

May I just say a very big thankyou to Henni for the huge collection of Ketron styles on this site.

I have no intention of selling the Tyros, it's still an amazing keyboard and luckily I can keep both.

Alan computer

#426855 - 10/10/16 09:33 AM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
It is a two edged sword-no marketing, but less criticism.

Thats one part, but wouldnt it be great to have a dedicated user run Ketron website and forum, just like Yamaha's PSR tutorial and Motifator, Roland clan and Korgforums. All 4 are privatly run forums with a well of information and friendly helpfull dedicated forums..

Maybe Ketron is a tad smaller, but even Wersi has such a place...

I think such a website with forums would definately help the Ketron community ....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#426860 - 10/10/16 10:29 AM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Bachus]
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
I must agree with you Bachus. It is so hard to find useful tips and explanations to help us with the Ketron boards.
I was told that the Ketron.co.uk site would be starting a forum but as yet nothing has happened.

We wait in anticipation.

Alan computer

#426861 - 10/10/16 11:16 AM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Sapphire]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Sapphire
...May I just say a very big thankyou to Henni for the huge collection of Ketron styles on this site...

You are welcome my friend. Glad you found them of use.

Cheers,

Henni

#426862 - 10/10/16 11:38 AM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Sapphire]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Sapphire
..... We wait in anticipation.

Hi.

Most fora is started by people who have a lot of passion about the brand, keyboard model or whatever the forum is about.
So far Ketroners did not create any special forum that's still alive, but maybe in time it will come. Who knows, the SD9 might be the door-opener for someone to do build a dedicated meeting place.
Until then, SZ has been and still are a great solution, and as we know, AJ is very knowledgeable and helpful with his posts and replies here. smile
There are not much fora where manufacturers or resellers are present.
Here at SZ we are very lucky to have Nigel who have buildt this wide forum arena to be a real resourse and meetingplace for many years now.

Cheers Nigel, keep up the good work!

clap
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#426867 - 10/10/16 10:12 PM Re: The only Ketron forum in the world [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Henni Offline

Here's my take on it:

Ketron is the ONLY arranger manufacturer who does NOTHING to motivated users creating & sharing their own modified styles amongst themselves. Most popular arranger forums have thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) styles, voices & registrations to be downloaded for free. They provide software with which to modify styles and even keep these up to date.

Ketron does NOTHING of the sort. To the contrary, they go out of their way to make sure that only a selected few can contribute to making new styles, all copy protected & none of it free. And for the few that do, they have do revert back to an old OS which is no longer available as it contained relaxed copy protection to such an extend that users could actually share modified styles amongst themselves if the same OS is being used.

I think the above accurately sums up the situation.

Cheers,

Henni

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online