SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#425992 - 09/10/16 12:34 PM Re: Favorite feature of the PA4x... [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My favorite feature was the PA4X ability to make me realize I didn't need it. wink

Dave, Donny, if you guys ever learn the in and outs of the Korg, we can have an old fashion shootout with the lowly E-A7 grin

The day I was scheduled to show Donny the E-A7, he went and ordered the Korg at the breakfast table...I didn't have the heart to show the good stuff on the Roland.. smile

Seriously, I like the Korg for the SD slot, and key feel.

Guys let me know when you get the handle of the Korg. rocker

#425993 - 09/10/16 01:08 PM Re: Favorite feature of the PA4x... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
My favorite feature was the PA4X ability to make me realize I didn't need it. wink

Dave, Donny, if you guys ever learn the in and outs of the Korg, we can have an old fashion shootout with the lowly E-A7 grin

The day I was scheduled to show Donny the E-A7, he went and ordered the Korg at the breakfast table...I didn't have the heart to show the good stuff on the Roland.. smile

Seriously, I like the Korg for the SD slot, and key feel.

Guys let me know when you get the handle of the Korg. rocker

That's the way I roll....lol but the breakfast was awesome !!!
I still want a full private demo of the EA7 in a few weeks so get ready......breakfast again included...just sayin' wink

#426003 - 09/10/16 03:03 PM Re: Favorite feature of the PA4x... [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Definately a miss on my Tyros 5, its a feature i use reularly, i used to set up my Ipad, where i used an external sequencer to record some chords.. and then replay them as input for the T5..

These days i use the sequencer of the Kronos... but this forces me to play in sequencer mode instead of combi mode...

This feature is definately a must, not only for pro players, but also for most home players... because its also very handy when excersising some new songs (piano)

Hi
home use only of course, I used to have Band in a Box play the chords for my old PSR 1500 or the pa800 .
Type the chords into biab, keyboard would follow the chords. Good way of practicing melody, plus ensemble mode worked.
What was even more interesting was muting one of the keyboard style tracks and have biab audio loop play instead ie mute keyboard drums and use biab audio loop drums or audio guitar loop instead of the keyboard guitar track. Made the little old PSR sound quite good. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#426004 - 09/10/16 03:13 PM Re: Favorite feature of the PA4x... [Re: Marcus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: Marcus

Isn't recording your chosen style chord progression into a midi song file on the your Tyros 5 and then using Song Position Markers on playback essentially the same thing as the Korg chord sequencer?

You would end up with the options of four convenient chord sequence loops (SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4) that you chose on the fly, freeing up your two hands to practice whatever you want.

Can easily be synced with any Tyros 5 style with sync start, including multipads on top of the chord sequences (SP1-SP2). Once synced, the chord sequence with follow the tempo changes of the style play.

Very dynamic control over your chord sequences, plus you can activate one the 4 loops on-the-fly, essentially generating access to four separate chord sequences.

Style Bass Conversion and manual bass control on the Tyros 5 can be setup within your style play and split point options while you create your chord sequence midi song file before you setup and enter song position markers.

Marcus

Hi
Is this a new function only on the Tyros 5? or is it on psrs as well. ( ie s950) , and maybe haven't realised it exists.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online