SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#426019 - 09/10/16 10:34 PM Re: ROLAND The Future Refined ONE MORE DAY 9.9.16 [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
And there's the key to those who want to move forward in performing. This is what, not only kids, but adults want to hear even. The more complex something is to listen to, the more it draws your mind from your everyday problems. A rather unorthodox form of music therapy.

I was watching a 2 hour show today consisting of dancers from different schools. The one thing I noticed......the dancing was aggressive and the music was more so. And the audience loved it.

I was DJ-ing one day and the kid came up to me and asked to hear this really awful contemporary song. I politely told him I would play it IF he really liked this song. He replied "No." I said "then why do you want to hear it?" He said (maturely)"this kind of music confuses us and gets our minds off our problems. Wow, was that a powerhouse answer coming from a 12 year old!

Look at this fellow SKRILLEX. He made a fortune playing this kind of stuff. For years he was a huge box office draw playing sold-out concerts around the world.

SKRILLEX

The only requirement you need to play a machine like this is good rhythm because it's not about notes anymore.....it's about rhythm!

Mark

#426020 - 09/10/16 11:23 PM Re: ROLAND The Future Refined ONE MORE DAY 9.9.16 [Re: Mark79100]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
And there's the key to those who want to move forward in performing. This is what, not only kids, but adults want to hear even. The more complex something is to listen to, the more it draws your mind from your everyday problems. A rather unorthodox form of music therapy.

I was watching a 2 hour show today consisting of dancers from different schools. The one thing I noticed......the dancing was aggressive and the music was more so. And the audience loved it.

I was DJ-ing one day and the kid came up to me and asked to hear this really awful contemporary song. I politely told him I would play it IF he really liked this song. He replied "No." I said "then why do you want to hear it?" He said (maturely)"this kind of music confuses us and gets our minds off our problems. Wow, was that a powerhouse answer coming from a 12 year old!

Look at this fellow SKRILLEX. He made a fortune playing this kind of stuff. For years he was a huge box office draw playing sold-out concerts around the world.

SKRILLEX

The only requirement you need to play a machine like this is good rhythm because it's not about notes anymore.....it's about rhythm!

Mark

Rhytms....

There is also another thing with rhytms, us humans could create primitive rhytms aeons before we could create melodies.. Its still the base of most music ..

For our minds, rhytms are much easier to grasp then melodies, and they can work sooting like a trance...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#426021 - 09/10/16 11:29 PM Re: ROLAND The Future Refined ONE MORE DAY 9.9.16 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

This new stage piano of Roland is probably the mot exciting thing...

It has the most realistic piano keyboard action (from the LX17)
Also the latest fully modelled sounds (from the LX17)
and it has enough power in its speakers to use on small stages witouth amplification..

This keeps Roland in the lead of realistic piano feel and sound together with Kawai

http://keyszone.boards.net

#426028 - 09/11/16 07:09 AM Re: ROLAND The Future Refined ONE MORE DAY 9.9.16 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

so EA9 down the road or no?

#426051 - 09/11/16 11:41 PM Re: ROLAND The Future Refined ONE MORE DAY 9.9.16 [Re: Dnj]
Speed Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
so EA9 down the road or no?

I think that EA9 is in development probably we will not hear nothing at least a year from now
I like the direction they're going with the new products the E-A7 is great His problem is the convenience and appearance especially the fills but I heard about a massive update that They will release soon
That improves everything including bass fills and additional programming options like break I hope this is true I'm crossing my fingers

Edited by Speed (09/11/16 11:43 PM)

#426059 - 09/12/16 06:29 AM Re: ROLAND The Future Refined ONE MORE DAY 9.9.16 [Re: adimatis]
Dnj Offline

I love the way the buttons are lit on these new Roland units....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online