SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#425815 - 09/07/16 06:22 AM KORG PaAs Speaker?
Dnj Offline

How does it sound? just wondering mostly home use.....
I briefly remember a few players here using it.
Might be interested.......

Edited by Dnj (09/07/16 06:52 AM)

#425816 - 09/07/16 07:27 AM Re: KORG PaAs Speaker? [Re: Dnj]
fjs714 Offline

Hi,
I've had the Paas speakers for almost 8 months. I use it primarily in the house. I tried to use it for an audition in this guys garage because I was a little too lazy to carry PA speakers. It was a two car garage so, it wasn't good at all. I think it brings out the sounds of the Pa4x.
It's just a little trickey (not difficult) connecting it to the keyboard. There is a rubber covering at the back of the keyboard that has to be moved from the contacts, so they mesh with the contacts at the back of the speakers.
****Make sure you connect the PAAS first before turning on the Pa4x. Otherwise they wont work.
Frank

#425817 - 09/07/16 07:32 AM Re: KORG PaAs Speaker? [Re: fjs714]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: fjs714
Hi,
I've had the Paas speakers for almost 8 months. I use it primarily in the house. I tried to use it for an audition in this guys garage because I was a little too lazy to carry PA speakers. It was a two car garage so, it wasn't good at all. I think it brings out the sounds of the Pa4x.
It's just a little trickey (not difficult) connecting it to the keyboard. There is a rubber covering at the back of the keyboard that has to be moved from the contacts, so they mesh with the contacts at the back of the speakers.
****Make sure you connect the PAAS first before turning on the Pa4x. Otherwise they wont work.
Frank

Thanx Frank for the real review of the Paas.....
I was just thinking about it. I have plenty of Pa systems to use to play out otherwise in the house I use headphones &/or studio monitors. The Paas is a nice idea although a bit awkward hope they redesign it down the road a bit.
Take care

#425836 - 09/07/16 05:53 PM Re: KORG PaAs Speaker? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
I have it. Bought it for my pa3x.
Personally I like it, but haven't owned anything else to compare it too.
Certainly sounds better with the pa4x.
I do have a couple of 20 year old 10 inch tannoys I now use for my pa3x upstairs, but one can't really make a comparison.
I only use it at home, naturally.
Not difficult to connect Paas to Korg , it's more of a case of trying to work out what exactly you're supposed to be doing the first time, bit confusing , there are instructions thank goodness.

Edited by rikkisbears (09/07/16 08:32 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#425841 - 09/07/16 06:48 PM Re: KORG PaAs Speaker? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Convenient, but you will not like it. Too weak and brittle, IMO

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online