SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#425395 - 08/28/16 04:16 PM Re: How would you like to take this much gear to a gig [Re: guitpic1]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Wow interesting videos.
I don't think such musicians at that touring level will ever use an arranger smile
I have to travel far from home tomorrow for a gig with a band (not arranger).
I have just received my Korg MicroKey 61 2 Air, and will use it. It is so lightweight and I start to accommodate with the small keys.

vArranger as a sound module / setup-sound changer, mp3 player, vst host is also very good.

I want now to create a little box to put all the gears together

By the way the microkey air does not work wery well with bluetooth midi. If you go a bit far from the commputer, you have not pleasant latency. So it will not be useful I think... maybe with the mac or ipad it will handle it better than windows?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#425402 - 08/28/16 10:02 PM Re: How would you like to take this much gear to a gig [Re: DAN.2000]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
SNIP
I have just received my Korg MicroKey 61 2 Air, and will use it. It is so lightweight and I start to accommodate with the small keys.

vArranger as a sound module / setup-sound changer, mp3 player, vst host is also very good.

I want now to create a little box to put all the gears together

By the way the microkey air does not work wery well with bluetooth midi. If you go a bit far from the commputer, you have not pleasant latency. So it will not be useful I think... maybe with the mac or ipad it will handle it better than windows?
Hmmm... I was just about to purchase a Microkey Air. I have Microkey 61 and 37, and I like playing them. I understand the Micorkey Air uses Korg's own driver as Windows 10 is not quite ready for native Midi over Bluetooth LE connection. For me, it would be still worth it because I am not going to stroll around with the keyboard and yet it still eliminates a wired midi connection to the PC.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#425403 - 08/28/16 11:05 PM Re: How would you like to take this much gear to a gig [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
"If Varranger would be apple compatible"

Or, if Mainstage was pc compatible.

Who wants to make music on a lattency hugging PC... The whole MAC OSX is build with realtime processing in mind... The whole Windows PCs arent... On a Mac everything works allways and latency free...

On top of that both Logic and Mainstage are apple propriety products owned by apple... Logic comes at €200 where comparable daws like live and cubase cost €700 in their pro version... Mainstage is only €30 and comes with one of the best VST collections available... But will never be on a PC...
-SNIP
My daughter's boy friend came through our entrance door just now shouting "Apple" for password. We have an electronic keypad on the door, and recently I gave him the key numbers and said to him to just walk in instead of ringing the bell. I told him the password is either Android or Windows. Remeber he shouted "Apple"? When I told him he had the wrong password, he said, "You need to change the password!" LOL A smart-alek.

Though I am not familiar with Mac, I can easily see that Mac has certainly big advantages over Windows when it comes to music production. In fact, I purchased Mainstage and Garageband after I read some of your posts. The funny thing was that my mi.1 Bluetooth midi transmitter which had been working just fine with the iPad Air and my wife's iPhone 6s, had terrible latency with a Macbook Pro I was using. I chuckled and said to myself that I am having a Windows experiece with Mac. Kidding aside, Windows has provided quite a good environment for music, too. Though price is not the only criteria, I checked on eBay just now, $8,999 for a 17inch Macbook Pro. It is from 2011. non touch screen, mere 750 GB harddrive slow 5400 RPM, 4gb RAM.... I guess the seller knows some people are willing to pay anything, Apple knows it. That's why I mentioned in my recent post that if a person makes an online reservation from a Mac or an IOS device, those airliners and hotels will quote you higher prices. The next one I saw on eBay is $5,000 with 16gb RAM. Tomorrow I am receiving a Dell notebook which comes with a 3 year onsite warranty. 15.6 inch touch screen, 64gb RAM, 1TB SSD, and 2TB 2nd hard drive. All these under $2,000. There are things that certainly make me envy about Mac, but there are other things that make me a happy Windows user. My daughter's boy friend who is an Apple fanboy said yetserday that he is buying a Lenovo Yoga. I said, "Why, can't you run Windows 10 in your Mac?" "Oh, I want to have a dedicated Windows 10 tablet PC. You know actually Windows 10 is more like Apple than ever before." When there is competition and choices in the market, it is good for consumers. I think Apple and Windows make each other better while concentring on their own forte.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#425406 - 08/28/16 11:23 PM Re: How would you like to take this much gear to a gig [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
ok I was thinking since you listed them all that you wee using them more...

I was when i listed them... and then the kronos Arived... And changed things for me...

There is nothign you cant cover with the Kronos/Tyros5 combination..

Same would hold true for a Montage8/Pa4x combo... Or even a full Korg Kronos88/pa4x setup...

If Yamaha wants to catch up, they need to cram the Montage and the Tyros5 into a single keyboard and name it Genos...

So will i stay away from VST's, probably yes, untill someone integrates them into a keyboard. But for now using them is to much a hassle and a distraction.. when i get home in the evenings, i just want to sit down and play for an hour or so and relax..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#425408 - 08/29/16 03:59 AM Re: How would you like to take this much gear to a gig [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus
.. I try to stay away from computers these days in my free time ....

With nearly 4000 posts, that must be pretty tough smile smile smile. BTW, I too would like to hear some of your music, with or without the VST's. If you do post some music, could you please identify which sounds are produced by the Kronos and which by the Tyros5.

Thanks,

chas

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online