SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#425307 - 08/27/16 12:03 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: synerjim]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: synerjim
I really want to go to software arranger route, however I'm a singer/player and needs vocal processor/harmonizer feature. I don't want to hook up another device. I'm a minimalist and wants to carry only a laptop, controller kb, mic and PA. Any suggestions?
Thanks

There are many software solutions, that give vocal processor harmonizer features, however these in general are not aimed at playing live but for playing in the studio... Just browse the webs and you might be more lucky then me in finding a piece of software usable in live situations

In the end i would just choose a TC Helicon Voicelive 3, its very small and can be attached to your mic stand...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#425311 - 08/27/16 01:05 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Mixcraft Pro Daw is all I need for a sound source...

#425314 - 08/27/16 01:17 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
DAW = Korg Kronos (Controller and sounds)
Module = Ketron SD1000
VST = Kontakt 5 or Halon Sonic 2
Controller = Entry level, Roland A800 Pro
Controller = Pro, Native Instruments or Akai
Computer = 2 in 1
Sequencer Software = Cubase or Logic (Depends on whether you have a PC or Mac)

Hope this helps

Bill

#425325 - 08/27/16 07:24 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
DAW = Korg Kronos (Controller and sounds)
Module = Ketron SD1000
VST = Kontakt 5 or Halon Sonic 2
Controller = Entry level, Roland A800 Pro
Controller = Pro, Native Instruments or Akai
Computer = 2 in 1
Sequencer Software = Cubase or Logic (Depends on whether you have a PC or Mac)

Hope this helps

Bill

There are no templates for the Native instruments and akai advance controllers in Varranger.

Currently seems the Korg nanocontrol2 and the Korg nano studio control are very popular, espescially the nanocontroll2 whixh can be easilly velcroed to any keyboard

http://keyszone.boards.net

#425327 - 08/27/16 08:17 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Novation KBs have AUTOMAP4 making it super easy to assign all buttons knobs to DAW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAhKohE0rA

#425336 - 08/27/16 12:39 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I use the nanoKontrol2 with the Edirol pc80..
The pc80 offers many features that are not found on any controller.But does not have assignable sliders and buttons, that is where the Korg nanoKontrol2 comes into play..

The combo runs Mixcraft Pro7, perfectly..
I also run effects from Mixcraft with the Mic input on the pc80.

I use the pc80 synth for my arranger software and SMF player..

One man band 11 is my current choice for arranger play..

Karawin pro is my midi sequence player and audio player too,,

All in all, it is great package set up, and does not crash..

The big weakness.....playing the keys...

Yamaha psr players won't mind the key feel...

Edited by Fran Carango (08/27/16 12:41 PM)

#425338 - 08/27/16 12:52 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

How does stack up OMB 11 vs Varranger ?

#425339 - 08/27/16 01:18 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Quote from DNJ: Novation KBs have AUTOMAP4 making it super easy to assign all buttons knobs to DAW

I have a Novation MK11 and don't use Automap for control assignments. Use the "Learn" feature. With a Nanakontrol, master KB, or pc keyboard,figure out ahead of time the necessary control parameters, like volume, sync start,favorite instruments etc. Click on "Controls"header of VA and choose one and click the midi button or slider you want to control it. As far as VArr is concerned, you want to choose a handy location. You do this once(for that kb) and a template is saved. You click on the LED option in the program.

Edited by Bernie9 (08/27/16 01:20 PM)

#425340 - 08/27/16 01:28 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Bachus]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Yes Bachus that's the issue, they're geared toward studio not for live applications.
This is the reason I like the MJ, MJPro because of their all in one design and portability.
Well maybe in the near future we will have all software based arranger vocalizer geared for live use.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#425341 - 08/27/16 02:32 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hello Donny,

I have received your email.
I want to understand better, what is your goal, your need, your dreams... before to answer about vArranger ... DAW ... Controllers .......
Is it for live? studio? fun? vacation? replacing your PSR?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online