SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#424911 - 08/16/16 05:54 PM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: Dnj]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Tried it Donny...including advancing lyrics with footpedal.

#1. It was cumbersome and selecting a 2nd registration in the bank resulted in the text going back to the top. Unsatisfactory.
#2. Font on the iPad much easier to read.
#3. All my lyric files are .doc and no need to convert to .txt
#4. On my iPad lyrics I can drop in colors indicating bridges or other highlights I use as a cue.

All that being said, lyrics embedded in SMS files work very well on the S970. But I don't use much midi. Onsong is the tool that works best for me. Thanks to Bruno.

#424912 - 08/16/16 05:55 PM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dittto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#424914 - 08/16/16 07:19 PM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Personally I use my laptop for everything... For me it can't be beat for multitasking...

#424916 - 08/16/16 07:40 PM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I just got my first smartphone, an Android. Now I know I'm technically challenged! wink

Scary,

Garycool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#424917 - 08/16/16 08:45 PM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Next thing you know you'll be experimenting with that new-fangled thing called Facebook!

#424918 - 08/16/16 08:55 PM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Next thing you know you'll be experimenting with that new-fangled thing called Facebook!

coffee

#424919 - 08/16/16 09:14 PM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: travlin'easy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I just got my first smartphone, an Android. Now I know I'm technically challenged! wink

Scary,

Garycool

Your Android smart phone is a piece of cake compared to the fancy navigational gear you use on Saturday's Child....or the in depth instructions about Yamaha KBs that you have shared here, the PSR Tutorial and on the phone. Text me...or call to learn how. smile
Eddie

#424920 - 08/16/16 09:41 PM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Scary,

Garycool

Nothing Smart about Android... Apple devices are so much easier to get into... Compared to Android, IoS works very intuitive.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#424922 - 08/17/16 02:15 AM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

[/quote]

Nothing Smart about Android... Apple devices are so much easier to get into... Compared to Android, IoS works very intuitive.
[/quote] I don't know which one is smarter; Android or IOS, but certainly there are pros and cons with each. As a phone or as a non music tablet, I prefer the Android system. I used both and personally I will not use an iPhone again. A number of years ago I had purchased a few iPads for my elderly relatives so that they could video chat with me. They also liked the idea of reading the Bible in iPad(When the iPad first came out, I read an article about a 100 some year old woman being able to read for the first time in 20 years or so. You can enlarge the fonts!) These older folks outgrew the iPad!!! They were taking pictures and recording videos. They ran out of storage. Certainly I did not expect them to use iTunes or some apps to move files to a PC. My sister in law got "smart," and bought an Android tablet on her own. I told her I would buy one for her, but she did not want to wait. I showed her how to take out the micro SD card and move files to her PC. Very easy, flexible, and quick. Now she does all kinds of fancy things on her Android phone. Well, this is just one example of the open system of Android whereas IOS is a closed system both on the software and hardware levels - down to the IOS cables with built-in chips so that nobody else can make cables for IOS devices unless they pay a fee to Apple. Once again pros and cons even about that, too. The IOS cables and dongles can be very expensive, but because Apple controls even the cable and adapters, they have more quality and security control. Once I had an HDMI dongle for my iPad3. When I moved onto iPad Air 128gb, the dongle no longer worked even through Apple's adapter. That dongle was as much as $40 and Apple made it obsolete very quickly. With their closed system, you are totally at their mercy. If it was a dongle for Android system, it would have been about $4. A case in point; I needed a USB adapter for my iPad2 and iPad3, but I did not want to pay $30 for a little USB adapter. I bought one on eBay for three dollars and twenty cents shipping included. It came all the way from Hong Kong. That thing worked just fine. No issue whatsoever. I used midi and stuff with it. Of course, this was before Apple decided to put chips in their cables so that only Apple or Apple certified cables can work with the iPhone and iPad.

Some years ago I read an article that a teenager in China sold his kidney so that he could buy an iPhone. That's an extreme case, but I'd say those young and some older people waiting in line days before the Apple store sells a new product doesn't seem normal. Martin Lindstrom author of the book Buyology:Truth and Lies about Why We Buy calls it a religion. Once he made a statement that the iPhone is more popular than Samsung phones even when Samsung has better phones (I'd say probably among young people) because Apple created a religion but Samsung has not. There are really fancy expensive Android phones, too, but you always get more machine for the money with Android and there are so many different models and price ranges. I like that as an end user.

Once there were some discussions here on this forum about tablets for music viewing. A person mentioned that if it was mainly for PDF music, Android will work just as well, and a few members talked about their 12, or 13 inch Android table for $150 or something like that. I keep upgrading my iPad for playing sounds, but if I wasn't doing that, I would buy a 12.2 inch Samsung tablet for $300. The iPad Pro can run more than $1,000. I use a bluet ooh page turner with my iPad. Sorry I don't mean to be sarcastic, but what is really dumb is once the bluetooth device is connected (For that matter I hear it happens when a hand held scanner is connected to the IOS device), you no longer have the onscreen keyboard,and you can't type the name of songs you need to look for. I found out that the only way to work around is to "Jailbreak" my iPad and use a free onscreen keyboard program. I used to jailbreak and purchase some very useful utility apps, but it became such a hassle, I no longer jailbreak.

I better stop here but one more; hotels, airliners, and things like that will quote you higher rates if you log in to their web sites from IOS devices. They figure that IOS/Mac devices users are more willing to pay higher prices.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#424928 - 08/17/16 06:54 AM Re: R U Musically or Technically Challenged Or Both [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I don't use "i" anything although I've tried a few in the past,...............
but I'm always open to change down the road,....
it's Android Samsung Galaxy & PC all the way for me for now.. cool2

Edited by Dnj (08/17/16 08:18 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online