SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#424807 - 08/14/16 07:30 AM So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers
Dnj Offline

Isn't it time to veer away from the old if there is such a thing and take it to the next level whatever that will be regarding Arranger Kbs,...seems were all stuck in the arranger KB past pretty much in so many ways, features, styles, etc,..I hope some of the R&D teams can go cutting edge and really knock us off our feet in the coming years with things we can't even imagine but still are needed very much,....all these imaginary wish lists are so different with each players needs. Rumors aside let's see factual changes soon if at all,.....just sayin' keys

Edited by Dnj (08/14/16 07:31 AM)

#424809 - 08/14/16 09:17 AM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

The next level, is dynamic styles that respond to the way you are playing.... In a dynamic way, changing the arrangement when you play fast/slow arpegios/chords hard/silent....

On top of that, i would love to see a high end arranger with all the features of the casio MZX but then with ketron/korg/roland/yamaha style quallity.and sound quallity.. Combined with the real time controlls over styles of the pa4x... And a sparkling but efficient touchscreen..

Also i like the high end features of Yamaha with sa2 solo sounds, ensemble voices and organ world... I hope that some day they will add a synthworld feature with several emulations of analogue and digital synths of the past...

And then in a module or 88 key version...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#424812 - 08/14/16 10:00 AM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Thoraldus Offline

I'll be using the MZX500 to drive the Kronos 2 ... Should sound fine. ;-) Also will be converting a bunch of Tyros styles to the MZX.

Are we having fun yet? wink

#424813 - 08/14/16 10:56 AM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Bachus
The next level, is dynamic styles that respond to the way you are playing.... In a dynamic way, changing the arrangement when you play fast/slow arpegios/chords hard/silent.......

Ohhhh, I'm getting nostalgic .... smile
Technics had "Dynamic Accomp" feature and I loved it!
If I remember it correctly, it started at KN1000 and was gone at the KN5000...........

Edited by Gunnar Jonny (08/14/16 10:59 AM)
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#424814 - 08/14/16 11:21 AM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By: Bachus
The next level, is dynamic styles that respond to the way you are playing.... In a dynamic way, changing the arrangement when you play fast/slow arpegios/chords hard/silent.......

Ohhhh, I'm getting nostalgic .... smile
Technics had "Dynamic Accomp" feature and I loved it!
If I remember it correctly, it started at KN1000 and was gone at the KN5000...........

Creating an Arranger with Dynamic Styles controlled by the player is easy, however, creating the styles for it would be very time consuming and expensive. (Normal style writing pales into insignificance compared to creating dynamic styles)

Will the manufactures spend money on creating these styles? probably not, as once created, they will be distributed free by the owners of the arrangers, thus they will not be profitable for the manufactures.

Bill

#424815 - 08/14/16 11:27 AM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

we need to be able to create our own styles EASILY Mix & Match, record, parts with simplicity that's what the next level is..

#424816 - 08/14/16 11:56 AM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
A completely wireless set up would be da bomb.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#424820 - 08/14/16 03:26 PM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Dnj]
MOMBOC Offline

A Thought Controlled Arranger

It works like this.

I repeatedly think of a song - say:

Girl From Ipanema
Girl From Ipanema
Girl From Ipanema

And now you are hearing in your head:

Tall and tanned and young and lovely
The Girl from Ipanena goes walking

With a samba rhythm

See - the prototype works

#424823 - 08/14/16 08:22 PM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I'd go for the following:

Sell the keyboard for 1/2 price with NO styles. Then pick and choose what styles you want for the style of music you play (from the manufacturer or from 3rd party). That also means do you want basic styles or do you want, and are willing to pay for, the cat's meow.....elite styles?

That's the same way they should sell you cable television, because I'm paying for 600 channels and all I watch is the news and the History Channel. I'm thinking of giving that up and connecting a smart TV to the Internet.

With arrangers, I think this would be the most dramatic change an arranger manufacturer can make. Styles you have no use for have been status quo since arrangers were in the embryonic stage. Time for a major change in marketing. I know I'd snap up a PA4x in a minute if I could select the styles I want for it. And it wouldn't be all 400 styles they drop on you now that no one (on this planet) actually plays!

#424828 - 08/14/16 10:26 PM Re: So What will be the NEXT LEVEL with NEW Arrangers [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I hope some of the R&D teams can go cutting edge and really knock us off our feet in the coming years

I like your optimism. Being around when the changes come. Speaking for myself, I can see the headlines as I'm taking my last breaths.

The world's most perfectly designed arranger keyboard has just been developed by a consortium of manufacturers working together for the advancement of live arranger keyboard players.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online