SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#424659 - 08/10/16 03:37 PM Re: No Fakin w/ Brother Jack.... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Russ I wish I were in your world where I could play great jazz oriented music for people who appreciated it and get paid for it. With other musicians or solo.
I'm more forced to be in Donny's world where people come to dance to more pop oriented music and let loose a bit. Different worlds need different approaches in equipment, song lists, and preformamce methods. You gotta go with the tide to keep going and you both do. Appreciate your opportunities to keep playing in a shrinking market. Obviously your both doing what's needed for your situations and both successful.

Edited by Bill Lewis (08/10/16 04:17 PM)

#424694 - 08/11/16 10:52 AM Re: No Fakin w/ Brother Jack.... [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Bill, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm the "society" player around here. A lot of the jobs are based on OTHER associations...the horse industry....the University....State government....large financials...When it comes to these gigs, I get the majority of calls. That's because I have other associations based upon long-standing business arrangements.

Talent has little or nothing to do with it.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (08/11/16 11:08 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online