SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#424575 - 08/09/16 12:11 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

I don't like a tux or ties of any kind do.... And they never got my money for just piano anything , .... But many enjoy it,...
Just ain't my bag....

#424578 - 08/09/16 12:22 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Looking at today's 'casual everything' generation(s), I doubt that many of them ever wore formal wear other than to a prom or a wedding ... Man, I used to LOVE putting on a tux to play a wedding, or even to go out to a formal occasion ... In fact, I am disappointed that cruise lines no longer - or very seldom- have a 'formal night' on board ... To me there is something special about wearing a tux ... but - to each his/her own ...

#424579 - 08/09/16 12:32 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

let's face it there is a Hugh generation gap in today's world, old ways always butting heads with the new ways, ...times changed so fast within our life times like no other,...
when were gone all past traditions will dispensary for ever,...
we are the last generation to have 1/2 the no computer & 1/2 new computer age in our lives.....old values die hard in life, music, and everything else in between...enjoy the ride.

#424580 - 08/09/16 01:01 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
when were gone all past traditions will dispensary (sic) for ever,...

.....old values die hard in life, music, and everything else in between....

Tell that to Beethoven, Bach, Chopin; even Gershwin, et al of that era. NO Donny, CRAP disappears, good stuff lasts forever. JMO, of course.

chas

#424587 - 08/09/16 01:36 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Hmmmmmmmmmm how many kids today listen to Classical music?..just sayin'

#424589 - 08/09/16 01:58 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Every time I saw Sinatra on stage, he was wearing a tux. The same was true with Sammy Davis Jr., Deane Martin, Mel Torme, Liberace, and a host of other greats. Now, they probably didn't have to wear a tux, but they, like many top entertainers, took pride in their appearance. The only time I did not wear a tie and vest was when I performed during the summer months, when I switched to fancy Guayabera shirts. As soon as the weather cooled down a bit, I was back to the ties and fancy vests. And, when I performed in Baltimore's Little Italy, I wore a tux every night, summer and winter.

Donny, I really don't believe that just because people are young they should throw away their pride of appearance and look like they just crawled out of a wine bottle and went on stage. Keep in mind that nearly all the doo-wap groups of the 50s and 60s wore tuxedos and they mostly consisted of young people. I remember seeing Chuck Berry perform in Baltimore and he wore a tux. Same was true for a group called the Five Satins, who wore very fancy silver/gray tuxedos instead of the traditional black tuxedos.

I don't pass this kind of thing off as progress - I consider it regressive instead.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#424593 - 08/09/16 02:56 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Hmmmmmmmmmm how many kids today listen to Classical music?..just sayin'

Quite a number of them as it is taught in music appreciation classes ... the symphony orchestra in my grandchildren's high school - which is not a large school - had over 100 kids in it ... most of them had been in the school system's music program since grade school and these kids PLAY !!!

#424597 - 08/09/16 03:31 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
We need to stop trying to dumb everything down and accepting mediocrity as the 'new norm'. In my world, music is still, at it's heart, an ART FORM. JMO.

chas

#424599 - 08/09/16 03:34 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Gary.. Too late for that... We all let it happen....

#424607 - 08/09/16 04:23 PM Re: No keyboard players ... [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
ABSOLUTELY, Chas.

R.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online