SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#42438 - 11/14/04 03:09 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I'm quite happy with what I have also. I have the KN7000 keyboard, which is simply great. I'm certainly not ready to trade it in, plan to keep it a long time.

I also have a Yamaha PSR3000 which I enjoy very much too.

So there are no keyboards on my wish list, I'm more than happy with what I have.

Marilyn

#42439 - 11/14/04 04:53 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have just read every word on the Korg site about the Pa1x Pro and I begin to feel like I am getting hooked. This box is awesome
PA1X lists at $4300.00 USD.
The PA1X PRO with 76 keys, Harddrive, no amp or speakers lists at $4500.00 USD. I am sure substantial discounts must abound
check it out at: http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/news/news.html?en
New OS is 2.0 and now available.
Thanks to Beeno for sending me this URL to look it over
Best to all
BEBOP

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-14-2004).]

#42440 - 11/15/04 04:47 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
BEBOP.....Seems like a pretty good run to me. Keep the faith! I sure don't want this forum to die!

Monday I will be heading for the warmer sunshine in AZ....Boondocking out on the desert areas where I can play my 7K as loud as I want for as long as I want! Back to NM in April.... NO Internet for 4 months!

This will be my "vacation".....sure will want to have this Technics Forum available when I return!

Have a great winter "Zonies"!!!!

HAPPY TRAILS ELIZABETH

I will probably look you up while you're here in AZ. I will be listening for your keyboard playing in the desert. If you're still reading the posts, what part of AZ will you be staying? I live in the Queen Creek area, about 50 miles south of Phoenix.

#42441 - 11/15/04 12:48 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
I too, am not looking for a new keyboard. Since I'm strickly a home player my PR54 and a butt-load of styles will keep me happy for some time to come.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#42442 - 11/23/04 11:32 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Clydesider Offline

Loc: Scotland
I have asked "Santa" for a new keyboard, a KN7000 to go with my KN2600.....but she says I have no chance!Oh well, dream on!
Mike

#42443 - 11/23/04 12:36 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi
What do you think of a Casio 100 ?

Jack

#42444 - 11/24/04 05:36 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
shcox Offline

Hi Jack,
The only Casios I would consider are a WK-3000 or WK-3500 and even then they just don't have the sound or the best keyboards like the Technics or Yamaha.

That's my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Docters:
Hi
What do you think of a Casio 100 ?
Jack

------------------

#42445 - 11/24/04 11:39 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Stewart G Offline

Loc: Wilkes-Barre, PA
Somehow I just dont see myself replacing my KN 7000 with anything.. In fact I'd buy another for a spare in case I play this one into the ground. Even my 5K was great I think id had more punch than the 7K. I just wanted the SD card. Someone should try to gain the rights to the keyboards and also for the expansion cards. I heard rumors that one of the Technics people did try to broker a deal to another manufacturer and Technics wouldn't go along with it. Shame on them if that's the truth.

#42446 - 11/30/04 09:14 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Must be a misunderstanding here
I am not talking about replacing anything.
I still have all the technics keyboards and several others for a total of 11 currently here in the studio. I have only parted with one in the past several years and that KN3000 went to a NUN to use it for outreach ministry in Holyoke, Mass.
I don't replace any. I just add to them. I enjoy playing them all from time to time.
The only keyboard to catch my eye this year is the Korg PA1X. I have not yet had a chance to try one out but between this post and the General Arranger forum Post I have received a lot of good info from the posters.
I am now back from my 2 week trip to Pismo Beach where we had a fine time at the beach. It was cool mornings but Beautiful, warm, sunny, blue sky afternoons on the beach. I played a lot of music but did not record anything to bring home
Had a great thanksgiving turkey dinner with everything in the clubhouse of the RV park we stayed at.
Good to be back. Now receiving emails again so send in some music and I will distribute it to the email lists for you.
Best to all
Bebop

#42447 - 12/01/04 11:41 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
shcox Offline

Sorry BeBop,

We all don't think alike thus the misunderstanding.

I would not have the time, the place or the money to invest in 11 keyboards much less a "Studio" but it's something to consider should I ever hit that lotto. LOL (And I'm glad there are those that can.)

So for me when you say "What Keyboard do you want...? It's either keep the one I have or trade it for a new one. Since I like the one I have and don't see anything I do like Santa can leave that out of his bag this year.

Happy Holidays

------------------

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online