SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#42418 - 11/06/04 05:39 PM What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI to ALL,
My wife asked me today what new keyboard I would like to have for Christmas this year and I just stood there and looked dumb and started stuttering. I couldn't believe christmas was almost here and I didn't have my next dream keyboard in my minds eye.
What about the rest of you? What keyboard are you thinking about getting next. NO MORE TECHNICS Sad but true
I had thought about the Korg PA1X PRO, but then I begin to read a lot of negative posts mostly slanted towards this machine OS and that it should not yet be released for sale. Hmmm?
Let us hear from each other. Where do we go from here? Time is getting short. Only 48 days to Christmas to get delivery on a new ????
Best to all
Bill the Bebop

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member SYNTHZONE FORUMS Retired Moderator of Technics Forum
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#42419 - 11/06/04 11:23 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Bebop. A friend has had his Korg PAX (61 keys with speakers) for 4 weeks now. I have spent 2 full nights with it. I like everything about it. The on board speakers are the best I have heard from an arranger, including the KN7000. A lot of the voices are of the mega quality type (voices change depending on key pressure). Unlike the Tyros Mega's, these Korg Mega's can be played live. The styles are very good and all inbuilt styles can be overwritten.
Korg have just released a new OS v2.0 which has added a lot of options which owners have asked for. The only other board which may come close could be the new Roland G70 which I have yet to see. Another good point is it's a new model and Korg don't change models every 2 years.

#42420 - 11/07/04 03:08 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I'm very happy with my KN7000 - it will have to be something really special before I would consider changing
Christmas Present ? a bottle of 15 year old Malt Scotch will do nicely

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42421 - 11/07/04 04:04 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Hu Bill ,there is a wonderful 18 year old MACALLAN, I could let you have an empty bottle!!. Regards. Walter.

#42422 - 11/07/04 08:56 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
You are just too generous Walter Hope you and Jean are well.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42423 - 11/07/04 11:42 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Another 7K would be my choice as this is the best KB I have ever owned/played.....

#42424 - 11/07/04 11:56 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
etwo4788 Offline

A second 7K would be a great Christmas present! I want one for my daughter as well! (She has my 5K). I have a 6K in addition to the 7K....As my only home is a 32' Motorhome.....anymore KB's would be challenging to store! I would be willing to stuff a 2nd 7K somewhere in my Rig or Toad!

Over the 12+ years I have been looking at, comparing, & buying/playing KB's.....5 have been TECHNICS KN's....The other 2 "toy" type Yamaha's. I never found any other KB that could hold a candle to the TECHNICS! More bells & whistles....more bang for the buck....etc.

I will take a look & listen to the Korg mentioned above.... Who knows???

I do have room for a FULL unopened bottle of good Scotch!

CHEERS!!!! ELIZABETH

#42425 - 11/10/04 07:45 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

For those that might be interested in the KORG PA1X there are quite a few in depth replies to my post in the General Arranger Forum.
Bebop

#42426 - 11/10/04 10:06 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
. . . and here's a direct link
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009283.html

- Scott

#42427 - 11/11/04 02:48 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
A KN8000...AHH... that's right, no more Technics, I still can't believe that!

Oh well can only dream of my next choice, a Yamaha PSR3000.

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#42428 - 11/11/04 03:46 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I'm very happy with my KN7000 - it will have to be something really special before I would consider changing
Christmas Present ? a bottle of 15 year old Malt Scotch will do nicely

I am looking at an ad in my local shopper for 10 year old Macallan Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Not being a drinker myself I don't know if that is as good as 15 year old but then it is only 19.99 USD for a 750 ml bottle. What is your ship to address
Bebop

#42429 - 11/11/04 11:26 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Mark, Michie & Luce Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, England
Good grief, Christmas already...

Well not much of a chance this year but I'd like a KN7K like Luce's even perhaps a Korg; well, you never know.

Of course the one thing I'd really like is enough book tokens for a year's supply of sheet music. It's quite expensive in the UK and apart from going to the following link is difficult to obtain from elsewhere.
www.mfiles.co.uk

I haven't even got round to doing Christmas cards yet so I'd better get my finger out.

Mark

#42430 - 11/13/04 07:25 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

IT looks to me like nobody is wanting a new keyboard for Christmas this year. I must be the only one. Maybe it is the economy, or what's left of it. Maybe I will just go back to playing horns, or guitar or accordion. Hey, I could get a piano I played one of those for about 50 or 60 years. Maybe even another organ. I only had about 5 or 6 of those. Nah, I think I will go dinging at the Guitar Center store and bang around on a few.
I guess that is the end of this thread. NO interest
It looks like this forum is shrinking and I can see my Technics email lists are also.
End of an era
Best to all
Bebop

#42431 - 11/13/04 07:50 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
etwo4788 Offline

BEBOP.....Seems like a pretty good run to me. Keep the faith! I sure don't want this forum to die!

Monday I will be heading for the warmer sunshine in AZ....Boondocking out on the desert areas where I can play my 7K as loud as I want for as long as I want! Back to NM in April.... NO Internet for 4 months!

This will be my "vacation".....sure will want to have this Technics Forum available when I return!

Have a great winter "Zonies"!!!!

HAPPY TRAILS ELIZABETH

#42432 - 11/13/04 08:06 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

Hey Elizabeth, have a great winter down with the snowbirds. We did that for 5 full time years on the road.
We hope to take the new motorhome to Pismo Beach at the end of next week for 10 days. Everything is booked up there but we expect to get a cancellation as we are #31 on the wait list. We get priority because we will stay 10 days.
Keep the shiny side up and enjoy the winter.
See ya in the spring.
I may be playing a new KORG PA1X by then
Best to you
Bebop

#42433 - 11/13/04 06:09 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Surely, SOMEone wants this G1000?(smile)

Prices are dropping with the temperatures !!!!

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 11-13-2004).]

#42434 - 11/13/04 06:27 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
etwo4788 Offline

BEBOP....Thanks....you too! I love AZ in the winter!

#42435 - 11/14/04 04:46 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
My KN6000 and KN7000 keyboards are all I'll ever need. A friend of mine here in the U.K. sent me the Summer 2004 edition of Korg Magazine accompanied by a CD of the sounds of Korg products. The PA1X and PA1X Pro are demonstrated along with the entire range of Korg sound modification products. I was not impressed. Not impressed in the sense that the Korg keyboards didn't sound any better than my KNs. So why change? If a keyboard does not offer significant improvements to what I already have, in particular the operating system and sequencer, I see no reason to buy something else.

My opinion is that those of us who have the KN7000 have one of the finest keyboards ever produced. My KNs will last me as long as I live. I'll never tire of playing them. They will do everything I want to achieve in music - AND MORE!

Bottom line? I don't want a keyboard for Christmas.

Chuck

#42436 - 11/14/04 07:31 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right you are Chuck. My 2600/7000 combo will be all I will need in my remaining years.

This Christmas and all in the future, my wish would be that this forum never close.

Fran in Florida

#42437 - 11/14/04 08:38 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Fran,

Amen! I share your feeling about this forum. It has been a ritual for me to check in several times daily since the transition from Technote to Synth Zone. You and I and so many others have posted hundreds of messages here. All are in my circle of friends. I wish I could come to Florida for the get-together to meet you face to face, share some music, conversation and a good cup of coffee. Alas, my home is on the west coast and when I come home I need to spend my time with my family and friends there.

I want to second your wish that the Synth Zone is here this coming Christmas and all the Christmas' in the future. I don't need two front teeth, another keyboard, nor any sweaters, slippers, socks, handkerchiefs, golf paraphernalia, and bathrobes. Just the Synth Zone and people like you!

Best wishes,

Chuck

P.S. I could open a store fully stocked with socks, handkerchiefs, robes, sweaters et al. Fully 90% would be brand new! Must have at least 15 sweaters I've never worn, three dozen handkerdhiefs still in cellophane wrappers, socks galore.

#42438 - 11/14/04 03:09 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I'm quite happy with what I have also. I have the KN7000 keyboard, which is simply great. I'm certainly not ready to trade it in, plan to keep it a long time.

I also have a Yamaha PSR3000 which I enjoy very much too.

So there are no keyboards on my wish list, I'm more than happy with what I have.

Marilyn

#42439 - 11/14/04 04:53 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

I have just read every word on the Korg site about the Pa1x Pro and I begin to feel like I am getting hooked. This box is awesome
PA1X lists at $4300.00 USD.
The PA1X PRO with 76 keys, Harddrive, no amp or speakers lists at $4500.00 USD. I am sure substantial discounts must abound
check it out at: http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/news/news.html?en
New OS is 2.0 and now available.
Thanks to Beeno for sending me this URL to look it over
Best to all
BEBOP

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-14-2004).]

#42440 - 11/15/04 04:47 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
BEBOP.....Seems like a pretty good run to me. Keep the faith! I sure don't want this forum to die!

Monday I will be heading for the warmer sunshine in AZ....Boondocking out on the desert areas where I can play my 7K as loud as I want for as long as I want! Back to NM in April.... NO Internet for 4 months!

This will be my "vacation".....sure will want to have this Technics Forum available when I return!

Have a great winter "Zonies"!!!!

HAPPY TRAILS ELIZABETH

I will probably look you up while you're here in AZ. I will be listening for your keyboard playing in the desert. If you're still reading the posts, what part of AZ will you be staying? I live in the Queen Creek area, about 50 miles south of Phoenix.

#42441 - 11/15/04 12:48 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
I too, am not looking for a new keyboard. Since I'm strickly a home player my PR54 and a butt-load of styles will keep me happy for some time to come.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#42442 - 11/23/04 11:32 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Clydesider Offline

Loc: Scotland
I have asked "Santa" for a new keyboard, a KN7000 to go with my KN2600.....but she says I have no chance!Oh well, dream on!
Mike

#42443 - 11/23/04 12:36 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi
What do you think of a Casio 100 ?

Jack

#42444 - 11/24/04 05:36 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
shcox Offline

Hi Jack,
The only Casios I would consider are a WK-3000 or WK-3500 and even then they just don't have the sound or the best keyboards like the Technics or Yamaha.

That's my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Docters:
Hi
What do you think of a Casio 100 ?
Jack

------------------

#42445 - 11/24/04 11:39 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Stewart G Offline

Loc: Wilkes-Barre, PA
Somehow I just dont see myself replacing my KN 7000 with anything.. In fact I'd buy another for a spare in case I play this one into the ground. Even my 5K was great I think id had more punch than the 7K. I just wanted the SD card. Someone should try to gain the rights to the keyboards and also for the expansion cards. I heard rumors that one of the Technics people did try to broker a deal to another manufacturer and Technics wouldn't go along with it. Shame on them if that's the truth.

#42446 - 11/30/04 09:14 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

Must be a misunderstanding here
I am not talking about replacing anything.
I still have all the technics keyboards and several others for a total of 11 currently here in the studio. I have only parted with one in the past several years and that KN3000 went to a NUN to use it for outreach ministry in Holyoke, Mass.
I don't replace any. I just add to them. I enjoy playing them all from time to time.
The only keyboard to catch my eye this year is the Korg PA1X. I have not yet had a chance to try one out but between this post and the General Arranger forum Post I have received a lot of good info from the posters.
I am now back from my 2 week trip to Pismo Beach where we had a fine time at the beach. It was cool mornings but Beautiful, warm, sunny, blue sky afternoons on the beach. I played a lot of music but did not record anything to bring home
Had a great thanksgiving turkey dinner with everything in the clubhouse of the RV park we stayed at.
Good to be back. Now receiving emails again so send in some music and I will distribute it to the email lists for you.
Best to all
Bebop

#42447 - 12/01/04 11:41 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
shcox Offline

Sorry BeBop,

We all don't think alike thus the misunderstanding.

I would not have the time, the place or the money to invest in 11 keyboards much less a "Studio" but it's something to consider should I ever hit that lotto. LOL (And I'm glad there are those that can.)

So for me when you say "What Keyboard do you want...? It's either keep the one I have or trade it for a new one. Since I like the one I have and don't see anything I do like Santa can leave that out of his bag this year.

Happy Holidays

------------------

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online