Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#42428 - 11/11/04 03:46 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I'm very happy with my KN7000 - it will have to be something really special before I would consider changing
Christmas Present ? a bottle of 15 year old Malt Scotch will do nicely

I am looking at an ad in my local shopper for 10 year old Macallan Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Not being a drinker myself I don't know if that is as good as 15 year old but then it is only 19.99 USD for a 750 ml bottle. What is your ship to address
Bebop

#42429 - 11/11/04 11:26 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Mark, Michie & Luce Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, England
Good grief, Christmas already...

Well not much of a chance this year but I'd like a KN7K like Luce's even perhaps a Korg; well, you never know.

Of course the one thing I'd really like is enough book tokens for a year's supply of sheet music. It's quite expensive in the UK and apart from going to the following link is difficult to obtain from elsewhere.
www.mfiles.co.uk

I haven't even got round to doing Christmas cards yet so I'd better get my finger out.

Mark

#42430 - 11/13/04 07:25 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

IT looks to me like nobody is wanting a new keyboard for Christmas this year. I must be the only one. Maybe it is the economy, or what's left of it. Maybe I will just go back to playing horns, or guitar or accordion. Hey, I could get a piano I played one of those for about 50 or 60 years. Maybe even another organ. I only had about 5 or 6 of those. Nah, I think I will go dinging at the Guitar Center store and bang around on a few.
I guess that is the end of this thread. NO interest
It looks like this forum is shrinking and I can see my Technics email lists are also.
End of an era
Best to all
Bebop

#42431 - 11/13/04 07:50 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
BEBOP.....Seems like a pretty good run to me. Keep the faith! I sure don't want this forum to die!

Monday I will be heading for the warmer sunshine in AZ....Boondocking out on the desert areas where I can play my 7K as loud as I want for as long as I want! Back to NM in April.... NO Internet for 4 months!

This will be my "vacation".....sure will want to have this Technics Forum available when I return!

Have a great winter "Zonies"!!!!

HAPPY TRAILS ELIZABETH

#42432 - 11/13/04 08:06 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
BEBOP Offline

Hey Elizabeth, have a great winter down with the snowbirds. We did that for 5 full time years on the road.
We hope to take the new motorhome to Pismo Beach at the end of next week for 10 days. Everything is booked up there but we expect to get a cancellation as we are #31 on the wait list. We get priority because we will stay 10 days.
Keep the shiny side up and enjoy the winter.
See ya in the spring.
I may be playing a new KORG PA1X by then
Best to you
Bebop

#42433 - 11/13/04 06:09 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Surely, SOMEone wants this G1000?(smile)

Prices are dropping with the temperatures !!!!

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 11-13-2004).]

#42434 - 11/13/04 06:27 PM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
BEBOP....Thanks....you too! I love AZ in the winter!

#42435 - 11/14/04 04:46 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
My KN6000 and KN7000 keyboards are all I'll ever need. A friend of mine here in the U.K. sent me the Summer 2004 edition of Korg Magazine accompanied by a CD of the sounds of Korg products. The PA1X and PA1X Pro are demonstrated along with the entire range of Korg sound modification products. I was not impressed. Not impressed in the sense that the Korg keyboards didn't sound any better than my KNs. So why change? If a keyboard does not offer significant improvements to what I already have, in particular the operating system and sequencer, I see no reason to buy something else.

My opinion is that those of us who have the KN7000 have one of the finest keyboards ever produced. My KNs will last me as long as I live. I'll never tire of playing them. They will do everything I want to achieve in music - AND MORE!

Bottom line? I don't want a keyboard for Christmas.

Chuck

#42436 - 11/14/04 07:31 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right you are Chuck. My 2600/7000 combo will be all I will need in my remaining years.

This Christmas and all in the future, my wish would be that this forum never close.

Fran in Florida

#42437 - 11/14/04 08:38 AM Re: What keyboard are you wantingfor Christmas
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Fran,

Amen! I share your feeling about this forum. It has been a ritual for me to check in several times daily since the transition from Technote to Synth Zone. You and I and so many others have posted hundreds of messages here. All are in my circle of friends. I wish I could come to Florida for the get-together to meet you face to face, share some music, conversation and a good cup of coffee. Alas, my home is on the west coast and when I come home I need to spend my time with my family and friends there.

I want to second your wish that the Synth Zone is here this coming Christmas and all the Christmas' in the future. I don't need two front teeth, another keyboard, nor any sweaters, slippers, socks, handkerchiefs, golf paraphernalia, and bathrobes. Just the Synth Zone and people like you!

Best wishes,

Chuck

P.S. I could open a store fully stocked with socks, handkerchiefs, robes, sweaters et al. Fully 90% would be brand new! Must have at least 15 sweaters I've never worn, three dozen handkerdhiefs still in cellophane wrappers, socks galore.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online