SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#424040 - 07/30/16 06:44 AM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

As I posted elsewhere, price has been reduced to 1,790 euros at Thomann.

The data lists / sound lists are meanwhile available, too:

http://www.ketron.it/images/ketron/manualiPdf/Tabelle%202016%20SD40.pdf

#424042 - 07/30/16 06:47 AM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

wait a year let them work out bugs you could get them for a lot less then..

#424046 - 07/30/16 12:58 PM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
wait a year let them work out bugs you could get them for a lot less then..

Well, the sd40 should be bugfree, as its in essence just an SD7 witouth keys...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#424063 - 07/30/16 10:53 PM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

Thing with bugs:

My Audya still have bugs - things that others would most probably freak out over. However, I see these in the light of what the Audya gives me & in the light of this, these bugs are insignificant!

Some of us rage over minor things. Sometimes it's just better to live with them. In no ways will these stuff up a live performance. And even if it should & even if my Audya exeeds 5 minutes to boot up with the Ajam conversion, it would still not kill a live performance for me.

It's all about perception. If you want ABSOLUTELY NO BUGS, then these might not be for you. But if you are willing to live with these minior things & focus on the fact that you have a unit that sounds more real than ANYTHING out there, & gives you UNSURPASSED abilities to tweak styles to your own liking in just a flash, then go for it. You'll not regret your choice.

I know - I've had my Audya for close to six years now & it was already used when I purchased it. Plus, mine was one of the very few first units - they were supposed to come with more bugs than the later ones.

My list just to verify the above:

1. Since AJAM conversion, my unit seldom boots up on the 1st time, even with the new adapter connected - So, I just switch off, wait a while & try again until it decides to boot. Sometimes five or more attempts are required...

2. When I copy something to another place on the Audya, the copied results often contains the wrong info in the original file name. - So, I've learned NOT to move things, but rather copy them instead. The 2nd copy normally does it right.

3. When I create new styles, eventually the memory becomes full & it starts doing weird stuff. - So? I just reboot & carry on where I left off.

4. Not every recording to HHD is perfect. Sometimes the recording is not complete & only contains part of what I recorded. - So? I reboot & just record again.

5. I also get my total freeze ups every now & then - So? Reboot & all is well again! If you have any sorts of an entertainer personality, this will not effect your performance badly. Even bank computers stuff things up from time to time & yet we live with it?

Now these things would cause many over here to rage & rage & rage. However, even though it's getting old, I still have the BEST arranger that technology has to offer. I no longer has a Yamaha & this is a good thing as I now focus ALL my attention on the Audya & this really works better for me.

Cheers,

Henni

#424066 - 07/31/16 02:23 AM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I agree wholeheartedly with Henni's outlook, but would like to add that my Audya 76 was bought new in 2010 and,maybe, escaped some earlier bugs. Originally, mine would freeze up occasionally, and the seek time was slow with my old disk drive.

Since I made the Ajam conversion and installed a solid state drive, all of my former complaints have vanished. The only problem I had was caused by me not securing the SSD good enough. Thanks to Frank and AJ, they solved the problem.
Bernie

#424068 - 07/31/16 04:55 AM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I want to add,

Modifying styles on my unit gives me the most pleasure that can be had with your clothes on. I can take ANY ordinary midi style & within a hour make something spectacular from it, right here on my unit. I often receive private compliments on the achieved results. And all I do is browse in new selections to certain style parts & revoice others. No tampering with midi logic at all!!!

Best of all, I can browse in midi guitar or strings or any other midi loops & simply change the guitar voice to i.e. an choir or anything else. Thus I can play the pre-recorded midi loop as part of the style in any voice I choose! And I can do this for virtually all tracks of all parts of any style.

This cannot be done on any other arranger out there & this alone keeps my Audya up to date and interesting. The only limit being my imagination. I'm sure same goes for the SD7 as well.

If only the Audya Style Compiler was working, I would scale up most guitars by an octave & replace them with the authentic AJANSONIC guitar voices. Unfortunately, I am not able to do that on the unit itself and this is a pity as the AJAM voices would really stand out in just about any style. Unfortunately they are all sampled at one octave lower than the ordinary midi voices so I can only apply this in a limited way on certain styles only.

Real pity AJ as I would have made good use of your fantastic voices for all to hear & desire...

Cheers,

Henni

#424112 - 08/01/16 11:54 AM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

SD-40 on stock now!
https://www.thomann.de/de/ketron_sd_40.htm?ref=search_rslt_ketron+sd+40_386167_0

Beta-testers, please go ahead, buy and test it for me wink

#424114 - 08/01/16 11:56 AM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
SD-40 on stock now!
https://www.thomann.de/de/ketron_sd_40.htm?ref=search_rslt_ketron+sd+40_386167_0

Beta-testers, please go ahead, buy and test it for me wink

I dont think there is much to be tested, this is nothing but an sd7 witouth keys. Altough... You never know..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#424123 - 08/01/16 01:15 PM Re: Ketron SD40 shortly available - listed at Thomann [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

After comparing the PDF tables of SD7, titled "SD7 and SD80", and of SD-40, I was happy to find out that the SD-40 is NOT 100% identical to the SD-7, but even has MORE NEW sounds!

While voice banks A to D are completely identical (also regarding the additional features like S-stereo, M-multi and V-Varitone), bank E of the SD-7 is mostly empty except a few sounds. Bank E of the SD-40 is fully loaded with 128 sounds, e.g. "Mexican trumpet" not found in SD-7.

The 65 drum kits as well as the list of styles are 100% identical as far as I checked.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online