SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#424100 - 07/31/16 11:40 PM Re: Guess Who's Getting a PA4 x [Re: Fran Carango]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I believe you have to unlock the lock tab in save mode.

I also had problems with Tuning of Smf,and when I saved edits,the file deleted my original and replaced it with a one measure disaster..There are some random quirks..

This board is version 1.2.0

Hi Fran
Thank you.
I beleive you're referring to playing songs or midifiles?
I wasn't terribly clear.
My problem is with the styles themselves when using the Gm/ XG banks for style tracks.
When I converted them across from PSR to korg ( I do them manually from a midifile) I used the XG drum kits in the pa3x so that I would have to do minimal editing of the drums.
Everything worked fine in the pa3x.

In the pa4x, it doesn' t appear to be recognising the bank changes in the Gm/ XG section of sounds. I go into the style , pick the XG drumkit or XG instrument. Write the style. Everything is ok.
When I switch off and go back to the style, the XG drumkit is now a Gm drumkit, an XG guitar is a Gm guitar.
Go back to edit mode, and drum track is showing a Gm piano

Trk : Drum Acoustic Piano. GM. Gm-piano. 127.000.000. ( which is actually the bank change for the XG drum kit )

Either there is something weird going on in my keyboard, or else nobody has picked it up because who would really bother using XG kits and sounds ( except me for conversions haha)

But , I beleive you were have the problem with the lock for songs, not style editing ?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#424104 - 08/01/16 05:36 AM Re: Guess Who's Getting a PA4 x [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi
Me again.
Antony over on korg forums confirmed it is a bug, thank goodness , and not my keyboard. Big relief . Try explaining to hubby we need to do another 5 hr road trip to take it back to get fixed. Would not have been good. Haha

Anyway I have the option of copying the XG kits into a user bank and the styles will play back correctly. Not ideal, but a good temporary solution till they fix the bug.

Other than that, the keyboard sounds brilliant.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online