SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42365 - 04/07/05 11:41 AM Intro and Panel memory mutes
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, all my SynthZone friends!

A question for the 7000 keyboard technical gurus again! I have Easy Recorded a tune, and then edited it, using Step Record to change Panel Memories throughout. I start the recording with Intro 2, and then go automoatically into Panel Memory 1 for the first part of the melody, etc. Unfortunately, the Intro starts with the settings for PM1 which follows it, but I had muted several tracks in that PM. So, when the Intro plays back, it also has the muted tracks. What I want to do is use Intro 1 with ALL tracks active, and then slide easily into PM1 with the selected muted tracks. Is there any way to erase the Intro section and then re-insert it again as corrected with ALL tracks and then go into PM1 with the muted tracks? I tried erasing the Intro in Step record, and then replacing it, but, each time, it comes on again with the PM1 settings and muted tracks.

I hope this makes sense and is understandable as to what I am trying to do. If you know what I am talking about, I would most appreciate a means to accomplish this without re-recording the entire song again.

Thanks in advance for any help, my friends. Guess I will always be an amateur in "sequencing"!!

Ted Rose

#42366 - 04/07/05 01:02 PM Re: Intro and Panel memory mutes
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there Fred

If I can assume that you have not used all the panel memories in the bank e.g. 1-8 then I would move each one that you have used along one. That is move settings from 1 to 2, 2 to 3 etc.,

You can then make a new panel memory 1 with full sounds which will take care of the intro.

If the intro is for 4 bars then in STEP RECORD bring in panel memory 2 with the muted tracks in there. You will obviously have to continue in STEP RECORD and change the other panels at the appropriate place also.

There could possibly be a simpler way to do this than my suggestion and if so I would be only too pleased to hear it. Joan

#42367 - 04/07/05 04:00 PM Re: Intro and Panel memory mutes
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted,
Joan's solution will certainly work, but you can do this without moving all your memory settings - assuming you are not using all Panel Memories (1 -8)
I occasionally need to do this as well....
Set up say Panel Memory A8 with the conditions you require for the Intro ie all accompaniments. Go to the sequencer edit page and select the Control track - the cursor should be over the very first event '*'. Press Panel Memory 8 - you should hear the usual 'Beep'. Panel Memory 8 will now be selected whenever you load the sequence or press 'Sequence Reset' (Fill-In 1)
If your Intro is 4 bars long, then move the editing cursor to the very first position of Bar 5 and then press Panel Memory 1. This means that Panel Memory 8 will be selected for your Intro and as soon as the Intro has finished, Panel Memory 1 will be selected.
If your intro is only 2 bars long, then the change to Panel Memory 1 should be made at the start of Bar 3.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42368 - 04/07/05 08:40 PM Re: Intro and Panel memory mutes
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey Joan and Willum!

I tried both of these suggestions and they both work flawlessly. I knew that I could depend on you for an answer--it never fails. Thank you so much for your help; I most appreciate your reply to my query.

A special musical and personal hug to each of you!

Ted

#42369 - 04/08/05 01:32 AM Re: Intro and Panel memory mutes
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Ted/Bill

My brain must have been thinking about this whilst I was asleep as when I woke up this monrning the first thing I thought of was - you don't need to move the panels along, just put the intro settings into a spare one and in STEP RECORD put that new panel memory before the INTRO. Original panel memory one to be put into bar after intro ends.

Just goes to show that there is more than one way to skin a cat!!! Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 04-08-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online