SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#423690 - 07/22/16 08:02 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't need it. I rarely play my kb at home anyway. I've never had an arranger totally fail on the job, although the SD7 crashed and had to be rebooted fairly often, once or twice every night.
The SD7 suited my needs just find, but I totally lost faith in the company as far as support and in selling a product that is ready to use, not in a beta state. I wish them the best though.
I'm only playing twice a week, and if my PA4X ever fails, I can borrow DickieT's; he rarely uses it.
I leave my p.a., stand and lights set up all the time. I bring the PA4X home on Saturday night and take it back on Friday. The valet at the club has been loading it in my Expedition for years. I don't have to do it myself. It's no problem to bring it into the house when I get home.

#423692 - 07/22/16 09:04 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I don't need it. I rarely play my kb at home anyway. I've never had an arranger totally fail on the job, although the SD7 crashed and had to be rebooted fairly often, once or twice every night.
The SD7 suited my needs just find, but I totally lost faith in the company as far as support and in selling a product that is ready to use, not in a beta state. I wish them the best though.
I'm only playing twice a week, and if my PA4X ever fails, I can borrow DickieT's; he rarely uses it.
I leave my p.a., stand and lights set up all the time. I bring the PA4X home on Saturday night and take it back on Friday. The valet at the club has been loading it in my Expedition for years. I don't have to do it myself. It's no problem to bring it into the house when I get home.

You got it all worked out Don..... wtg!!

#423702 - 07/22/16 01:28 PM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Weight is no problem. I use my little fold up hand truck and it is as easy to transport as my S970 because it is so narrow.

#423703 - 07/22/16 01:49 PM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Acomment on the Ketron SD7. After going thru a rough time with
Ketron and the keyboards problems, Ketron finally did come
up with updates that now make it reliable. I believe Deane will agree with me that you can do a gig and not worry about the
SD7 having problems.

Time has healed those early problems and it's not the same SD7 as it was in the beginning. Theres a video from Germany of a
guy (sorry I can't remember his name) that does a concert on
the SD7. One should listen to this as it proves that the SD7
is right there with the best. Just saying, Lloyd

#423704 - 07/22/16 01:53 PM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Korgman5
Unregistered

The guys name who plays the SD7 in Germany is Bernie Liwowsky and the concert is in Erfurt. Very good performance. Lloyd

#423705 - 07/22/16 02:29 PM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Korgman5
Acomment on the Ketron SD7. After going thru a rough time with
Ketron and the keyboards problems, Ketron finally did come
up with updates that now make it reliable. I believe Deane will agree with me that you can do a gig and not worry about the
SD7 having problems.

Time has healed those early problems and it's not the same SD7 as it was in the beginning. Theres a video from Germany of a
guy (sorry I can't remember his name) that does a concert on
the SD7. One should listen to this as it proves that the SD7
is right there with the best. Just saying, Lloyd

You could be right about what the SD7 is NOW.......this is what we were saying the SD7 should NOT have been released early and just maybe some of the early buyers would still have them,....I don't know if it was a bad marketing move, or if they needed guinea pigs, or whatever, but I hope they learned their lesson and in the future and that goes for any manufacturer to fully test the product before release by a test team of professionals, home players, and technicians who know what their doing months in advance of the release. Don't they see this puts a dent in their reputation?...
and a bad taste in peoples mouth regarding perception returning for future buying? Or is it all about making money and the heck with the end user?....

Edited by Dnj (07/22/16 04:18 PM)

#423710 - 07/22/16 03:16 PM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I think it must be a mixture of being a bit chaotic in their Italian character, having a lack of staff and financial means and being hasty about generating sales.

#423715 - 07/22/16 05:58 PM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi
Don't think they even sell the sd7's over here. We have one company that sells ketron and as far as I can tell, the most recent models they have on the website is the sd5 and audya.

If they were as readily available as korgs and yamaha's , the new arranger module would definately be worth having a look at,. Doubt I'd ever get to see one,
and if I did, probably in 5 years time .

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#423721 - 07/22/16 09:27 PM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA

The player is OK but the playee (the Ketron) is terrific. Why can't Korg capture those kind of styles. Even the drum breaks fit right into the pocket.....endings too. He played a trumpet in one of the songs. I thought it was real, because.......like they say....when you hear all the instruments together they sound AUTHENTIC.

Why on Earth can't Ketron get their act together and push their product. A little financial backing for advertising (and software updating) would put their keyboards right out into the spotlight. Then, like Mr. Trump said, they'll be selling so many of them they'd then be begging musicians to stop ordering 'cause they can't keep up production.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online