SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#423482 - 07/15/16 02:48 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: tony mads usa]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

When our son was in high school he took electric bass lessons, and was doing quite well ... I feel fortunate that we were able to play a couple of gigs together - booked as a solo, but I took him along, both to add that well needed 'bottom', and to try to instill interest by learning how you can have fun and make money at the same time ...
Unfortunately, college came soon after, and at what I considered to be a prime time to be playing and trying to get gigs for the college crowd, he decided to give it up frown but I still have those couple of gigs to look back on ... smile

Its great to see parents and their children doing stuff like that. The experience will stay with both of you.

#423483 - 07/15/16 02:55 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I could see the woodland stirring as it awoke in the morning and then as it went back to sleep ... smile

SILVER THREADS AMONG THE GOLD is the old (very old) standard, is it not?

#423485 - 07/15/16 02:57 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: tony mads usa]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Yes - sorry didn't mean to include that. He enjoys looking out for older (often forgotten) tunes and arranges them for Keyboard Cavalcade or his own books.

#423496 - 07/15/16 05:44 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Dude ... not a problem ... just wanted to make sure of what I was hearing ...

#423512 - 07/16/16 05:19 AM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Thanks for sharing your Dad.

John C.

#423608 - 07/19/16 07:44 AM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: btweengigs]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: btweengigs
Very cool. I'd like to hear about what he is using in the way of a camera and a projector....and how one connects to the other.
I'd like to project the dancing audience on a screen at some of my venues.
Eddie

Eddie - be very careful before you make anyone's image "PUBLIC" - you may be infringing on their privacy ... what if someone is there with someone they're not "really" supposed to be there with? Even if it's a somewhat innocent dance with a friendly stranger. Someone sees an image of them dancing with "?" and it gets back home ... trouble. I worked a club in the 80s that tried that and the backlash was horrendous!
In today's crazy world people are so quick to cry "civil rights violations" ... I'd think real hard before you project a crowd's image in public.
Maybe I'm over worrying, but it just sounds risky.

#423628 - 07/19/16 06:04 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Dave...Your points are well taken. The more I think about carrying more gear and plugging in more stuff, the less excited I have become.
Eddie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online