SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#423450 - 07/15/16 04:49 AM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: Mark79100]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
If anything, Yamaha will cut away few more features. Unfortunatelly.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#423452 - 07/15/16 05:53 AM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: guitpic1
A while back I was at a music store near here. They had a Yamaha Clavinova of some sort...around $12,000 or something like that. The piano had arranger functions...but, near as I could tell, not even as sophisticated as my $800 DGX 650.

I can't imagine Yamaha making big changes in the TOTL arranger; if they would make any changes at all. Yamaha is not known for bang for the buck...???

The cvp 709 top model clavinova arranger is about €8000 overhere in Holland..

It has all the features of the tyors 5 except for organworld, ensemble voices and multipads.. On top of that it has the high end piano,s of the CP range, and superb build in amplification and speakersystem, and offcourse its a beatifull piece of furniture... And the best piano keybed Yamaha builds

You cant compare that to a cluncky DGX with low end piano keybed, plasticky feel and low end (psr 400 range) styles...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#423479 - 07/15/16 02:44 PM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
My brother, a pianist, is a lot more interested in key bed, acoustic sound and the 'furniture' look. He has talked about a Clavinova. He owns a Yamaha acoustic piano.

Thing is, arranger functions are a very low priority for him. And that's a good thing given that arranger functions appear to be very much an afterthought in the Clavinova line.

#423481 - 07/15/16 02:46 PM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: DonM]
Tonewheeldude Offline

T6 would have to be completely new - surely Yamaha cant get away with releasing another tweaked version of the current RISC based machine? For example, the processor and OS limits the screen resolution with no possibility of touch screen either as its not supported under such ancient tech. Yamaha have already performed miracles with the T series, but there is only so many Rabbits you can pull out of the same hat smile

#423486 - 07/15/16 02:59 PM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

One other thought...

My brother, plus two close friends have made a good share of their living playing acoustic pianos. They seem to have very little interest in arrangers...don't see them as the real thing. I don't think I could give them an arranger if I tried.

And, they could care less what arranger functions a piano has.

#423489 - 07/15/16 03:23 PM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

One other thought...

My brother, plus two close friends have made a good share of their living playing acoustic pianos. They seem to have very little interest in arrangers...don't see them as the real thing. I don't think I could give them an arranger if I tried.

And, they could care less what arranger functions a piano has.

Well....

To me my setup is
- piano
- synthesizer
- organ
- arranger
- sequencer
- drum computer

All united in 2 instruments...
I am a home player
And i use them to have fun..
To play my music...

But then maybe if i had the skills of a professionall classical piano players, i would have a different opinion

Even for pro players arrangers have some use, however not many realise how they can turn them into anything usefull.. Not so much for playing live, but for composing and trying out new musicall ideas arrangers are very usefull...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#423503 - 07/15/16 09:17 PM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: guitpic1]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
One other thought...

My brother, plus two close friends have made a good share of their living playing acoustic pianos. They seem to have very little interest in arrangers...don't see them as the real thing.

There's an excitement and pleasure about playing an acoustic piano that's hard to put into words. It can only be felt.

I started out as an arranger player and then took on the piano. I at first thought an arranger was the cat's meow....the greatest thing since sliced bread was invented. As I became more proficient at the piano, I found less satisfaction, NOT in playing an arranger, but the empty, digital, hollow sound it makes.

Playing an acoustic piano makes you feel like you're not just playing it, but you're a part of it!

#423504 - 07/15/16 10:15 PM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: Mark79100]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks for a bunch of great thoughts to consider that you guys presented to me before the thread went South.

Bachus.......I’m embarrassed to say I completely forgot I have hundreds of Korg PA3x styles I’ve picked up over the years (and a few of the members sent me theirs). It’s just that it’s going to take time to unzip them, put them in some kind of order, and then load them into the machine to audition. Still, whether it’s the PA3 or the PA4, that’s what’s going to have to be done.

Mirza.......I’ve thought about that. Switching to the Yamaha S970. I’ve always played either Roland or Yamaha over the years. Loved every style in them.

Rosetree.......the actual reason I bought a PA3x was because, at the time, I was emailing Jurgen about the Musikant styles. He was going to help me in some way. Then I found out the PA3x is not compatible with the Musikant version. I have the styles here that I could try. I believe the PA4x will take the Musikant styles. I watched Jurgen’s new 4x demos. I love how he uses that machine.......and.......THE STYLES.

Don M.......that’s what I thought I would hear….”lots of new styles”.......”new sound generation system.” You would know because you’ve had them both.

I think what I’m going to do first is go through the grind of sorting out and trying out all the Korg styles I’ve accumulated. A step at a time. After that I’ll see where I stand on buying a PA4x.

Then there’s this posted today:

My conclusion:Who must not be upgraded to Pa4X !

And finally, one of the members, a few weeks ago, suggested turning off the accompaniment (it makes the styles sound like a kiddie toy anyway) and using the “pads.” I’m going to look into that too.

But………I remember the first time I tried the PA3x in the store, I had people coming over to me as they entered to see where all the sound was coming from, and amazed that it was all from one keyboard. It’s not that I was so wonderful, but it was then I realized the Pa3x in full bloom sounds “BIG!”

Mark

#423505 - 07/15/16 10:42 PM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you're getting an empty, digital, hollow sound, you ain't doin' it right my friend!

#423510 - 07/16/16 04:51 AM Re: final verdict on the PA4x? [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
If you're getting an empty, digital, hollow sound, you ain't doin' it right my friend!

Ditto.

smile

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online