SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#423414 - 07/14/16 05:12 PM My Fathers setup
Tonewheeldude Offline

Its been years since my Father did a concert so it was good to see him on Tuesday evening. I thought you might like to see a photo of his setup.

He doesn't use automatics (always preferred Organ) so has a Ketron Audya 5, 61 key midi lower manual and Ketron K8 pedalboard all connected together via a KENTON merge box. He uses Solton Aart Sat PA.

The stand: I designed it and had a local carpenter make it up. Its solid wood, but incredibly lightweight. Its designed so it can be flatpacked (two side panels,two shelves and one back panel) using captive nuts. The Music rest fits into the existing holes.

Attachments
WP_20160712_21_36_27_Pro.jpg

#423418 - 07/14/16 06:43 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
It is great that he got 'out there' again ... and it is even greater when the offspring appreciate what a parent is doing ...

#423420 - 07/14/16 07:50 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
124 Offline

Nailed it, Tony.

Good for you TWD - and for your Dad, too. You know the old saying: "You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing."

Do you ever go out as a duo?

#423439 - 07/14/16 11:24 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
MOMBOC Offline

I like it. Looks like he has a projector showing his hands while he is playing.

#423440 - 07/14/16 11:55 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: MOMBOC]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: MOMBOC
I like it. Looks like he has a projector showing his hands while he is playing.

Yes, that is very cool !!!!

#423442 - 07/15/16 02:54 AM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Tony you are right on again. Tonewheeldude is proud of his dad, sharing him here on Synthzone is an expression of his love for him.

Tonewheeldude I would like to see more pictures of your Dad; possibly you and him together. If you have any recordings of his music please post them.

John C.

#423448 - 07/15/16 04:29 AM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Excellent!

#423462 - 07/15/16 08:34 AM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Very cool. I'd like to hear about what he is using in the way of a camera and a projector....and how one connects to the other.
I'd like to project the dancing audience on a screen at some of my venues.
Eddie

#423478 - 07/15/16 02:35 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Thanks for the comments. Other than the odd Jam,I only ever played with him once. Its was at the launch of the Hammond 146k2. We both had identical instruments and did an arrangement of Jeff Waynes Forever Autumn (War Of the Worlds). Jerry Allen was the feature artist though.

I did take some video from the evening above, when I get the opportunity I will post some.

The video camera was already in place. It was just a pair of Sony Handycams with a digital projector. Just stayed on the hands though which was fine.

He wrote a series of tuition books (The Student Series) and composes his own material specifically for it. He writes a column in Keyboard Cavalcade too.

Here are a few examples of music he wrote for the magazine
:
http://www.musicworldonline.co.uk/download/the_woodland_stirs.mp3

http://www.musicworldonline.co.uk/download/BEYONDMORNINGMIST.mp3

http://www.musicworldonline.co.uk/download/today.mp3

http://www.musicworldonline.co.uk/download/SIILVER_THREADS_AMONG_THE_GOLD.mp3

Edited by Tonewheeldude (07/15/16 02:41 PM)

#423480 - 07/15/16 02:44 PM Re: My Fathers setup [Re: Tonewheeldude]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Thanks for the comments. Other than the odd Jam,I only ever played with him once. Its was at the launch of the Hammond 146k2. We both had identical instruments and did an arrangement of Jeff Waynes Forever Autumn (War Of the Worlds). Jerry Allen was the feature artist though.

When our son was in high school he took electric bass lessons, and was doing quite well ... I feel fortunate that we were able to play a couple of gigs together - booked as a solo, but I took him along, both to add that well needed 'bottom', and to try to instill interest by learning how you can have fun and make money at the same time ...
Unfortunately, college came soon after, and at what I considered to be a prime time to be playing and trying to get gigs for the college crowd, he decided to give it up frown but I still have those couple of gigs to look back on ... smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online