SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#424326 - 08/05/16 05:58 PM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: Sokratis 1974]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Thank you !

#424338 - 08/05/16 09:31 PM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
If there was a contest about where in the world to pay most for any new (not second hand) Ketron products,
Norway would be in Guiness Book of Records every year so far.
Be prepared .... .... laugh
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#424352 - 08/06/16 12:56 AM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
If there was a contest about where in the world to pay most for any new (not second hand) Ketron products,
Norway would be in Guiness Book of Records every year so far.
Be prepared .... .... laugh

Not only keyboards... same goes for Beer and Pizza..

Despite the high prices, i do love the country tough.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#424354 - 08/06/16 03:29 AM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: audyaplayer]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: audyaplayer
Also here arrived in Holland,SD40/80 in store now.

I was at Dera muziek in Heerlen this morning..
Very friendly owner, and very helpfull..

He showed me the SD40, got it connected to an attelier Organ and hat a sound i must say... Incerdible ease of use, which again asured me that a large touchscreen with a small interface makes many many buttons redundant.. and so, in the end that allowed Ketron to make a very small and light unit about 1/3rd of the size of a Audya4...

It was remarkably easy to use, when compared to Audya, despite having so few functions.. Sadly we couldnt find any virtuall drawbars on the screen... would have added even more..

In the end after an hour or so i came to the conclusion that this was the best arranger module ever created.. light (kess then 2 kg) small but loaded with high quallity sounds and styles and easy to operate because of the very good touchscreen OS..

add this to any stagepiano, organ, synth/workstation and you have a fullfledged high quallity arranger build on top of that...

So i am still wayting to get my hands on the SD9 Pro... but if they made a module version like an SD90 Pro of it... i would probably go for the module version and add it to the Kronos...

(i just checked out the sound and style capabillities, not the midifile playback, now wondering if there can be markers set)

#424399 - 08/06/16 01:51 PM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Yeah, we sure love our country too, but your description explain very
well why we like to spend quite a lot of our money abroad.

coffee

#424401 - 08/06/16 01:56 PM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Yeah, we sure love our country too, but your description explain very
well why we like to spend quite a lot of our money abroad.

coffee

Yes, i have some friends in Christiansand that regularly take the ferry to Denmark..

And whenever i visit spain there allways seem to be Norwegians around in every pub...

#424415 - 08/07/16 01:50 AM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

And whenever i visit spain there allways seem to be Norwegians around in every pub...

Jupp, to see the sun, warm beaches and feel the heat, Spain and Canary Islands are very popular. And to get some taxfree drink and smoke .... whistle

Just to put tread back on topic, don't see much Ketron stuff or anything about prices there.... wink
keys

#424418 - 08/07/16 03:46 AM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Jupp, to see the sun, warm beaches and feel the heat, Spain and Canary Islands are very popular. And to get some taxfree drink and smoke .... whistle

Just to put tread back on topic, don't see much Ketron stuff or anything about prices there.... wink
keys

So far i undertand that ketron is mostly very popular in Italy itselves.. They are having a hard time selling their products because of their bad service record over the years..

My interest got peeked again, because there currently is a trustworthy dealer overhere in Holland (Dera) that does have a splendid service record. As well as the fact that AJ has been all around on these forums helping people from everywhere...

I just yesterday compared the SD40 to the style quallity of my Tyros5 and a pa4x... and the difference in feel almost gave me the shivers, strange enough when happy at home playing with the Tyros5 i still feel happy with the quallity of the styles.. its good... but the arrangements of the ketron are extraordinary

Edited by Bachus (08/07/16 03:48 AM)

#424419 - 08/07/16 03:58 AM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: Sokratis 1974]
audyaplayer Offline

Loc: Holland
Wait untill you hear the SD9PRO,and yes the Tyros is good,but the Ketron gives you the live feeling what an musician will hear,Tyros is better when you play smf,but i want play live and than the Ketron is top,the arrangements are the best,the audiodrums sounds as a real live drummer with all his breaks.And the basline is superb.And offcourse the live audioguitars.

#424420 - 08/07/16 05:39 AM Re: The price of Ketron SD9PRO & SD40 [Re: audyaplayer]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Originally Posted By: audyaplayer
..... the Ketron gives you the live feeling ....

This was what I said when I got my hands on and bought the SD1 some years ago. I also loved the keybed and "Jump" feature. smile
Sadly I sold it too early to get ready for the Audya that did not show up when promissed, and when it did, the one item price was the same as for 1 Tyros and 1 Korg top of the range together.
Rest of the story already told several times ..... frown

SD9 sounds great at videodemos, no doubt, but so do PA4 (and T4/5 in it's "CD'ish" way)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online