SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#423234 - 07/11/16 09:00 PM Tony Mads rocks
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Went to see Tony Mads play a few weeks ago at an outdoor concert he and a guitarist was doing. I was impressed with the entertainment. I can see he's an old pro at this game.....not shy at all in front of a mike. And doing everything from memory. And watching the audience and not his keyboard. And throwing in funny remarks in-between songs.

Waiting for him to take a break (which the duo never did) I chatted with people. First of all the person who engaged them was very happy with the performance. Then I noticed a whole group was on the dance floor moving and feeling the beat. I talked to some more people who were enjoying the performance. I asked the first person, what was it they particularly liked. First girl said "they (Tony and guitarist) looked like they were having a great time themselves and it became infectious. Second person said she liked their choice of songs and the beat made them feel like moving and grooving. They played, I suppose, the whole two hours without a break (I had to leave early) and I'm guessing the whole audience stayed with them to the end.

So, in my opinion, you could say.............."Tony Mads rocks!"

#423244 - 07/12/16 05:34 AM Re: Tony Mads rocks [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Great reviews Mark....did you take any pictures?....Tony knows how to work the audience for sure,..we learned how to entertain
"Old School",...just sayin' cool2

Edited by Dnj (07/12/16 06:20 AM)

#423250 - 07/12/16 06:42 AM Re: Tony Mads rocks [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Tony knows how to work the audience for sure,..we learned how to entertain "Old School"

Yes....that's the first thing I noticed! It's not about are you using a Tyros, or Bose speakers, or do you sing like Josh Groban. It's all about (to quote Donny) "is the audience being entertained?" And that's what you did......entertain them!

#423251 - 07/12/16 06:44 AM Re: Tony Mads rocks [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mark ... Kind words, indeed ... thank you so much ... I am very disappointed I did not know you were there and that we didn't get to speak ...
Yes, we did the two hours straight, and had more songs ready to go when the time was up ... I could have done at least another 1/2 hour - the adrenaline was flowing ... and yes, the crowd stayed to the very end ...
Just one correction - we did have some 'cheat sheets' that we referred to occasionally ... at 75 yrs the mind can do tricks on us ... wink

#423254 - 07/12/16 07:07 AM Re: Tony Mads rocks [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Mark ... . I am very disappointed I did not know you were there and that we didn't get to speak ...

confused1

#423263 - 07/12/16 08:37 AM Re: Tony Mads rocks [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Mark ... . I am very disappointed I did not know you were there and that we didn't get to speak ...

confused1

Donny ... Mark must have gotten there after we started and left before we finished ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online