SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#423003 - 07/06/16 04:05 PM Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer
Dnj Offline

I refuse to do it, playing in direct summer sunlight sucks big time in so many ways, gazebo, kiosk tent, deck overhang, umbrella, ok, but poolside naked with no cover is ridiculous for 4 hours, etc,.........

#423007 - 07/06/16 05:06 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sure makes me glad to be retired. I did lots and lots of outdoor jobs during the summer months, days when the temperature and humidity were both in the upper 90s - not healthy at all. Even under a gazebo with a fan blowing full blast, it was still brutal conditions. And, by late afternoon, if the gazebo didn't have drop curtains, the afternoon sun was hitting you right in the face and felt like a blast furnace.

Play it safe, Donnie - don't do those kind of jobs anymore - it's not worth it.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#423008 - 07/06/16 05:14 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

I admire Americans anyway for standing such heat - in my region, an average summer has just 7 days of 86F/30C or more. I know that would be the average afternoon temperature in summer in many US regions...

#423009 - 07/06/16 05:37 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Gary..... I hear you loud and clear!!!

#423011 - 07/06/16 06:05 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I love the heat! Played golf today and it was near 100! Almost broke a sweat.
The heat makes my old bones not hurt so much. I hate the cold. Snow anywhere except on a cone gives me the shivers! I do love snowcones though.

#423013 - 07/06/16 07:26 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: Dnj]

Iconsider any temperature lower than my age (75) winter! However, I too hate snow, and with my current lung condition, temperatures above 85 with matching humidity levels are brutal, making it nearly impossible to breathe.

Gary cool

#423014 - 07/06/16 07:47 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: travlin'easy]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I agree with Don----heat over cold any time. It can’t get too hot for me. But, I don’t like playing outside. It’s not so much the heat and sweat, but more the flying critters---mosquitos, flies, wasps, or anything that can bite or sting! And, it’s difficult to read the screen outside.

#423015 - 07/06/16 08:13 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: Dnj]

Since Yamaha went to Supertwist technology on their displays with their PSR series, I no longer have a problem reading the screen outdoors. And, they went to high intensity LED lights for the buttons, which allows me to see them clearly as well. Now, in direct sunlight, the screen can be a bit difficult to see, but I can still see it. With the old PSR-3000, even in the shade the screen was obliterated by the indirect sunlight. Yamaha did a great job with this, and I think it will be even better with ensuing models.

That said, I still refuse to do any mid summer, outdoor jobs. In fact, I just turned down a very high paying pool party that was scheduled for mid August. Not gonna happen for this old man.

Gary cool

#423016 - 07/06/16 09:05 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Since Yamaha went to Supertwist technology on their displays with their PSR series, I no longer have a problem reading the screen outdoors. And, they went to high intensity LED lights for the buttons, which allows me to see them clearly as well. Now, in direct sunlight, the screen can be a bit difficult to see, but I can still see it. With the old PSR-3000, even in the shade the screen was obliterated by the indirect sunlight. Yamaha did a great job with this, and I think it will be even better with ensuing models.

That said, I still refuse to do any mid summer, outdoor jobs. In fact, I just turned down a very high paying pool party that was scheduled for mid August. Not gonna happen for this old man.

Gary cool

Putting your keyboard in full sun, makes it weared.. Its not good for those plasticky Yamaha's .. Its also bad for the electronics inside your keyboard, espescially when combined with high humidity..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#423021 - 07/06/16 10:24 PM Re: Playing keyboard outside in the hot sun in summer [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My friend DickieT, some years ago left his Technics KN800 in the trunk of his car for a couple of days. The case melted nearly totally. It was unusable. I suppose more modern materials would hold up better, but since that time I've never left my kb in the vehicle in the heat OR cold.
Usually I play at least 3 outdoor parties each year, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day. This year the first two were canceled because high water damaged the venue. Maybe it will be ready by Labor Day. They have a shaded cover for me, and a huge fan to blow away heat and "skeeters". There is usually a somewhat cool breeze blowing off the lake. It's one of my favorite jobs ever. Great barbeque with all the trimming and a plethora of homemade desserts. Frozen beverage either with or without alcohol are available from a dispenser. Too notch. And they even PAY me to come!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online