SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#422479 - 06/23/16 05:33 PM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Good luck with the 4x Dave hope it does wonderful things for you.

#422499 - 06/24/16 10:09 AM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Best of luck with it Dave ... but don't you always want on board speakers ?!? ...

That's the adjustment ... I bought a used (mint) PAAS speaker bar too. This might be the ticket for this season. Fingers crossed ... I was SO comfortable with the PA900, but I want the state of the art as I venture ahead. Call me crazy, but when you buy the best, it's always rewarded at time of sale, if need be.
Now, the only gripe I have is getting the harmonizer to work in the song play mode. It's being stubborn at the moment. It only wants to trigger midi notes from the songs - I need it to just follow my hands. Anyone?
smile

#422503 - 06/24/16 11:06 AM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

didn't you have the speaker bar with the pax3 also and didn't like it too bulky, heavy, etc,...

#422508 - 06/24/16 12:16 PM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
didn't you have the speaker bar with the pax3 also and didn't like it too bulky, heavy, etc,...

I did have one before, and I tried go use it with my current KB/mic boom rig. The bar places the boom too far back, so I'm going to try a regular boom and see if it annoys me. This thing sounds too good not to give it a proper test drive. It's light years ahead of the PA900 in overall sonic goodness, which I found hard to accept at first. The clarity of the upper and lower ranges is astounding. It's a pretty good case of "I didn't know what I was missing" until I heard it. I have to say, given key feel, sounds, styles, and deep editing ... its the best keyboard I ever played. Maiden voyage tomorrow night at the dueling piano thingee at the shore, then more tweaks on Sunday before taking ig to my main stage at the Crab Trap. I'm stoked ... I really am. If all goes well, the 900 will sit in my studio and be in reserve for the 1 hr afternoon cocktail/NH type gigs. I'll share more as I learn more.

#422509 - 06/24/16 12:46 PM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

I did have one before, and I tried go use it with my current KB/mic boom rig. The bar places the boom too far back, so I'm going to try a regular boom and see if it annoys me. This thing sounds too good not to give it a proper test drive. It's light years ahead of the PA900 in overall sonic goodness, which I found hard to accept at first. The clarity of the upper and lower ranges is astounding. It's a pretty good case of "I didn't know what I was missing" until I heard it. I have to say, given key feel, sounds, styles, and deep editing ... its the best keyboard I ever played. Maiden voyage tomorrow night at the dueling piano thingee at the shore, then more tweaks on Sunday before taking ig to my main stage at the Crab Trap. I'm stoked ... I really am. If all goes well, the 900 will sit in my studio and be in reserve for the 1 hr afternoon cocktail/NH type gigs. I'll share more as I learn more.

Feeling jealous, but wishing you good luck as always Dave....
I know you'll kill it with the Pa4x...Happy for ya buddy!!
Give em hell!! keys

#422516 - 06/25/16 01:28 AM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Just wodering about the PAAS, never heared it..

How is the quallity of the sound?
Can it be used as monitor on stage?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#422517 - 06/25/16 05:02 AM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

#422521 - 06/25/16 09:15 AM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Its a toutube video.... I think if youtube video's are not suited for something then its for judging speaker soundquallity

I meant to say, never heared it live

Edited by Bachus (06/25/16 09:17 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#422525 - 06/25/16 01:02 PM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

[quote=Dnj][quote=Bachus]Just wodering about the PAAS, never heared it..

I meant to say, never heared it live

It's LOUD, stereo and great looking. Just makes the rig a bit deeper than before. and makes me use a separate mic boom stand, but time will tell. It's sounds better than any onboard speaker system out there. If you need in your face monitors .... there's nothing better

#422538 - 06/25/16 10:02 PM Re: Korg PA4X owners remarks [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bachus,
I bought my Paas just after I bought my pa3x, very happy with it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online