SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42213 - 01/05/06 11:43 AM Song Manager Problems
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
I finally "bit the bullet" and purchased a 512 SD card. I was using the 8mb card. I did a backup of the 8 mb card to my comp, named the file "Sdbak".
All I am trying to do is to copy the backup file over to the new 512 SD card. I keep getting a message to "use the home page for transmission".
I referred to Alec's "Getting the most" book. It said to "navigate to the sdb files and highlight the one you want" When I opened the sdb files, (in Wordpad) all I saw was "machine language" - nothing to really highlight.
I use Win 98 SE, and for some reason, I can't access the card reader at all.
How do I get the backup file transferred to the new 512 SD card?? Also, I want to do some audio files on the new card, and I remembered something about formatting it to accept both types of files (midi and audio) yet when I did the format, there was no option given for that.
And I thought that this would be easy?? LOL

#42214 - 01/05/06 12:46 PM Re: Song Manager Problems
sturgeon Offline

If you go to restore backup in Song Manager you should be given a choice between the card in the key board, or the card in the card reader. Choose the card reader (after inserting the new card in it and making sure that the card reader is connected to the computer, not the keyboard). You should then be in business.

If you format a card via SD Jukebox it will be ok for MIDI and audio. (unless it is a 1gig card then it will not format!!!)

Cheers,

s.

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 01-05-2006).]

#42215 - 01/05/06 01:03 PM Re: Song Manager Problems
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Jim,

Jam's are not only great for the music, but you have experts like Bill Norrie to help with keyboard/computer problems.

Other forum members are welcome to join us for the 2nd Florida Jam.

Fran in SC

#42216 - 01/05/06 04:11 PM Re: Song Manager Problems
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
Thanks guys....I called Bernie and he solved the problem (notice, I didn't say "we", lol) Actually, there were 2 issues. I have 2 USB ports in the back of my comp, one of them must not be working..ugggghhh. The other was the rather cryptic "home page" message. I kept looking for something in Song Manager. All it wanted me to do was to turn on my 7000 home page. Everything is copied over to the new card now, including the audio files - thankfully, once I got the card reader plugged into the "working" usb port, it really was pretty easy after all.
I already owe Bill N. a lunch for all his help when I was converting the old Ensoniq sequences (you did say you like the McDonalds "dollar menu" didn't you Bill? LOL)

#42217 - 01/05/06 04:14 PM Re: Song Manager Problems
Carolyn Offline

Loc: Theodore, Al, USA
I found the simple way to transfer info from a SD card to a new SD card. (I did a search on this forum.) Open SD card in the card reader, copy, paste, the Private and or SD Sound memory folders into a folder in the PC. Swap to a blank SD card that has been formatted in the 7000, open the SD card. Then copy, paste them back into the new SD
card. This worked for me. Carolyn

#42218 - 01/06/06 09:41 AM Re: Song Manager Problems
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Helwig:
I referred to Alec's "Getting the most" book. It said to "navigate to the sdb files and highlight the one you want" When I opened the sdb files, (in Wordpad) all I saw was "machine language" - nothing to really highlight.

It is advantageous to the process of understanding to read all the sentences rather than one in isolation, e.g. try the previous sentence - "To restore click Restore in the SD Manage Menu". That will prove to have a higher chance of success than opening files in word pad

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online